BC Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveRescue16

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to get myself a new BC and found a great Deal on a Zeagle Scout, Does anyone here own one? How well do they work? I was told they are great in warm water, but how well do they work in colder water? I dive in PA and the water conditions change from day to day...Will the Zeagle Scout Stand up? Thank you for your time and any information you can share.

Zeagle makes a rock solid product and stands behind them 100%. "we" use them here in a commercial environment and put 100's of dives on them. not sure what you mean by "great in warm water"

Zeagle makes a great BC and has excellent customer service. I switched over to a BP/W but still have my Brigade hanging in the closet.

I have dove a Scout for a good many years. It is a light weight BC with 35lbs of lift. It does a very good job in warm water where I don't need much weight. I find if I put more than 10 lbs in the weight system (mine only had the rear pockets) I will tend to be back heavy, flipping me on to my back but since I rarely dive more than 6 lbs that is not a problem. I have on occasion dove it with a dry suit with which I need 24lbs. I just add a weightbelt and it works fine- 10lb in the BC and 14 on the belt.
All in all, a great BC for the diving I do. If you need a BC that will handle more weight or more lift then another BC might be a better choice. As far as Zeagle in general, you will not find a better made product or better customer support.

Back
Top Bottom