HTS questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trogloxene

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just purchased a HTS harness, however I have not purchased a wing. I have the following questions:

1. Do I need to use a single tank adapter and or/backplate when using your S series wing with the HTS harness? (I did not see any cam band slots on the S series wing)

2. Is there a configuration in which it is recommended to use a backplate with the HTS harness?

Thank you

Sean

I just purchased a HTS harness, however I have not purchased a wing. I have the following questions:

1. Do I need to use a single tank adapter and or/backplate when using your S series wing with the HTS harness? (I did not see any cam band slots on the S series wing)

2. Is there a configuration in which it is recommended to use a backplate with the HTS harness?

Thank you

Sean

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the questions!

Yes, the S series wings require the use of a single tank adapter. While we feel the most secure platform for single tanks is the STA, we are discussing adding cam slots for those who prefer that method.

When using the HTS in combination with the S series wings, the use of a backplate is recommended but not required. The backplate is secured onto the harness by means of stainless bookscrews at the lower corners, and by weaving the shoulder straps through the top slots. It then is sandwiched between the
harness and the wing. I recommend the S38 and stainless plate for
cold water because it is heavier allowing for removal of some weight
from the belt, and the S25 and aluminum plate for travel and
warmer water.

Here is some information on the backplates:

-316 Stainless Steel: 5.5 lbs, polished finish, 11 Ga.

-6061 Aluminum: 2 lbs, black hard anodized finish, 0.12" thick

-Lower corners bent to avoid snags and abrasion

-All slots and holes have been chamfered and edges have been carefully radiused and deburred to avoid any sharp edges

-Top and bottom cam band slots

-1" and 2" crotch strap slots

Hope this helps, and thanks for you business!

Best Regards,

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom