Aeris Elite Deco Violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

letterboy

I'm the reasonable one
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Went diving yesterday, first time this season, did 4 dives, well sorta.

First dive went smooth, never deeper than 52ft, 31 minutes no issues.

Second dive smooth, 13 ft, less than 5 minutes, not really a dive but the computer logged it any way.

Third dive 52ft, 14 minutes smooth dive.

Fourth dive was called after 7 minutes when my computer went into DECO mode . . . it starts flashing at me that I have violated my NDL. My DB with the same model Elite, bought in 2004, showed zero residual nitrogen and did not show any deco violation. Also the left side bar, PO2 I believe, was in the red, I dove air all day, never touched the PPO setting.

The question I have is, This is the second Elite to do this, the first was sent back and exchanged within the first 2 years, (That violation happened in a pool BTW) can I have this unit sent in for someone to check it out?

Last edited:
OK so I just went into my settings and saw that my FO2 was set to 50% and on . . . so I reviewed the logged dives on the computer, the first "3" dives were done on AIR it shows that on screen 3 of the loggbook. but dive 4 where the "violation" occurred only has 2 pages for the log book.

Were you diving air? Did your computer say "air" or did you set it to a FO2 of 21%? If you set an FO2 of 21%, after each dive, by default your computer will set itself to an FO2 of 50% for oxygen calculations and 21% (79% nitrogen) for nitrogen calculations.

If this is what it did, you would get a high PO2 alarm, not a Decompression alarm.

In any event, check to see if the 50% FO2 setting is "ON". You can switch this to "OFF", see if that fixes the problem. Or just check your FO2 setting before each dive.

Just remember, if you do dive EAN, make sure you always check your FO2 setting before each dive to make sure it matches your actual gax mix.

I was diving air, didn;t adjust my FO2 at all that was our first thought that maybe it was stet for EAN from the last dive, but than all my dives would have violated not just the last dive. The FO2 does read on, however in the log for the previous dives it reads AIR. This is what troubles me, the fact that it did it after essentially 2 normal shallow dives.

LDS is sending the computer back to Aeris . . . Said it would be 3-5 weeks to get it back . . .

Well just got computer back from aeris, FINALLY, cost me 125. They just swapped the unit and sent it back, no explanation as to what went wrong with it . . .

BLUF - Probably not going to get another Aeris after this one. . . 3 Failures in the 3 years I have owned it . . . that's more than enough for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom