New BC Help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halo15000

New
Reaction score
Finally saying goodbye to my 1988 Scubapro classic style BC. Haven't had to look for new equipment for a while and need some advise on a recommendation that was provided through a local store.

I've always thought Scubapro was the way to go (especially seeing that the equipment that I had lasted so long). I recently went to a local store that was authorized Scubapro as well as other brands (namely Aqua Lung / Seaquest).

Tried on the "BALANCE" series from Aqua Lung as well as the Scuba Pro "KNIGHT HAWK".

I have to say that the ( Balance ) had a lot of nice features compared to the (Knight Hawk).

The store also recommended the Balance over the Knight Hawk.

I've been out of the loop for a while. Any advise from the forum would be greatly appreciated

What kind of diving do you do primarily? That would probably help those who seek to offer you advice.

Believe it or not, my wife & I's (cheap) Dacor BCs lasted each of us about 20+ years & about 900 dives----& this was storing them for the last 10 years+ in a hot closet in our our house on Roatan(ie no climate control), lets just say they were not well maintained ALL the time....lol....

Most of my dives will be warm weather - island diving.

A little tired of the cold NJ coast....

Anymore, all SCUBA equipment is very well made, and Scubapro gear is made in the same place as other less expensive gear. It's all safe and it all works. Go with what you like gadget-wise or how it feels/looks. Happy shopping!

I would go with integrated weights. They are awesome! They are such less of a hassle.

I think this will probably come up sometime. Might want to check out a backplate and wing system. Could interest you.

Tried on the "BALANCE" series from Aqua Lung as well as the Scuba Pro "KNIGHT HAWK".

I have to say that the ( Balance ) had a lot of nice features compared to the (Knight Hawk).

You've clearly dived enough to understand the consequences of your selections for your own diving. I can only add that after wearing jacket BCs for all my initial dives, I tried on a Balance in my LDS and loved it instantly. The model year after mine implemented a few additional changes that made the product significantly more versatile. As your experience shows, these products (probably from all manufacturers) can last a long time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom