What have we done?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's very bad news. I sure hope we are more successful with our conservation efforts in the Gulf. Leatherbacks are my personal favorite of all the sea turtles; my childhood was filled with sightings and nests - they are wonderful people, leatherbacks.
Rick

I've visited some turtle nesting sites in the Perhentian Islands... this is very very sad.
I think the title you have put for the thread says it very very well - WHAT have we done ?
:(

It is a real shame. I also visited some turtle nesting sites on Little Perhentian. They even have a hatchery there. One night the turtles hatched and started off on a mad dash to the sea. But then some overly eager tourists began snapping photos, despite admonitions that doing so would disorient the baby turtles, and true enough some of the hatchlings began veering off in the wrong direction.

I want to visit the nesting site and see these wonderful animals first hand, I just hope that I will be able to now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom