Transplate or Transpac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snooddle

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a Dive Rite Transpac.... then come across DR Transplate and realise the price difference. I would like to find out wat's the difference between the 2 and reviews of them would be good. Thanks! :blinking:

The transplate is a conventional (for the most part) BP/W setup with a Stainless or Aluminum backplate. The transpac is a soft harness setup that will require adaptors to dive doubles. Not a big deal if you aren't concerned with doubles.

There are proponents of both. I chose the more conventional transplate setup.

I think if you go to either Dive Rite's or Dive Rite Express' website they have ample media on their websites that fully illustrate the differences.

Hi Snoodle,

Thanks for asking and your interest in Dive Rite products!

Have a look at our Solution Finder SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Solution Finder
The questions 'Should I get a metal backplate' might give you some ideas on what to look for when choosing a harness system.

You can always contact us if you have any more questions!

Best,
Ag

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a Dive Rite Transpac.... then come across DR Transplate and realise the price difference. I would like to find out wat's the difference between the 2 and reviews of them would be good. Thanks! :blinking:

I don't see the downside of diving the Transplate. I love mine. It is more comfortable than my traditional BC, has very little buoyancy meaning I dive NO lead with steel tanks, and the tank is rock solid stable on by back. Even for singles, I find it to be perfect for my needs.

Hi Snoodle,

Thanks for asking and your interest in Dive Rite products!

Have a look at our Solution Finder SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Solution Finder
The questions 'Should I get a metal backplate' might give you some ideas on what to look for when choosing a harness system.

You can always contact us if you have any more questions!

Best,
Ag

Hi Ag,

thank you so much for your "SOlution Finder". It's really helps me in being more confident of what suits me and what I really need. THanks.... and Dive Rite Transpac is the answer.

Since I usually dive in warm water. Transpac might be more comfortable for me!

Anyway just curious, what's the weight difference for tranpac and aluminium transplate? I'm just concern about the weight limitation when bringing my equipments overseas. Thanks!

Hi Ag,

Anyway just curious, what's the weight difference for tranpac and aluminium transplate? I'm just concern about the weight limitation when bringing my equipments overseas. Thanks!

Hi Snoodle,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad the Solution Finder answered your questions and gave you the information you needed to make a decision that best fits your needs.

The TransPac weights 4.7lb while the aluminum Transplate is 7.5 lb. The TransPac is also ideal for travel as it is flexible and can fit better into a suitcase or backpack, as opposed to a plate which is rigid.

Hope this helps.
Best,
Ag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom