question on uwatec sport plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
A friend of mine just bought one and have a question as it is unclear in the manual. The manual stated that the dept gauge range is 0-99m. On one page there is a message that it should not be used to dive below 40m. There is no maximum depth specification anywhere in the manual. I am not sure if the 40m is the actual rated depth for the computer or Uwatec just does not recommend diving below 40m as the Sport Plus is for leisure dive only. Thanks for any info.

I have the same one,, not sure, bet I'm betting that it's like you said, a safety recom. for leisure diving, if you find out anything more, let me know, thanks,

buck

actually,,, the more I think about it,, 40m is pretty deep,,, unless you have your heart set on some wreck,,, I would imagine you would be using ean,,, you wouldn't get much bottom time(not to mention gettin' narced) without ean,, but ask some of these people that are more experienced,, they'll know better than I,,, I'm just a ow,, doing aow now,, and our deep dive is gonna be way shy of 40m,,, more like 30m(90ft if if I'm converting correctly)
take care,

buck

I doubt that I will get down to 40m (about 130 ft) or deeper often, especially on regular air but there are a few dive sites that I go that I might do a quick drop to around 130 ft and do multilevel dive at shallower dept during the rest of time.
I wonder about the issue because the last thing I want to do at 130 is to wonder if my computer will be ok?

I think that one of the beauties of a computer is that it gives you credit for only "dropping down" to depth for only a short time,, poss. allowing you a little more room on repete dives,, I'm sure you'll be ok,,,, use ur tables too,, you'll be all set

buck

Back
Top Bottom