Ustica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Irishdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, anyone able to tell me anything about diving in Ustica in Italy? I see it mentioned in last week's Sunday Times Travel Section as a relatively untouched diving location.

:eek:ut:

Hi ,
Ustica is the first protected island in Italy, since around 1980 or so!

It is also a diver paradise since there many diving centers and facilities for diver and non diver people.

Because of its long protection history you can see lots of fishes and marine life. It is the Mediterrenean like "it was".

It is beautiful.

there are hotels and also private accomodation like bed and breakfast style.

You can get there flying to Palermo and then taking a ferry boat or a fast boat from Palermo Harbour.

Ciao

Fabio

Hi Fabio, thanks for the reply! I'm planning to take a couple of weeks off in early May and go diving: I haven't decided yet whether to make it Ustica, Estartit, Lanzarote, or Gozo.

Have you dived Ustica yourself, and have you any idea how it compares to these other dive sites? An internet trawl turns up four dive centres: Barracuda, Profondo Blu, Scubaland, and Alta Marea. Any personal experience or recommendations for these shops? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the board, by the way. There's lots of information here from some very experienced divers and some of the non diving forums are good fun too!

Ciao :)

First of all let me apologize, I've forgot to answer you also because of the huge quantity of messagges i receive every day...I am sorry!

Now I have only a 2 day experience in Ustica and it was almost 10 years ago, I remember it was a very good time and diving.

A friend of mine , which have been there 10 days told me that Profondo Blu is a very good club

http://www.ustica-diving.it/ENG/framesetMDI_Eng.htm

and also it has english speaking people who can assist you the best.

Check their web site.

Ciao

And sorry again for the very late answer

Fabio

Hi Irishdiver

We live in Estartit, and we think that Ustica and Estartit are both good options, may be in Estartit is more live but the visivility is not so good than in Ustica, becouse we are near a river, this is good for the sea nutrients and makes to can have gorgonias in only 15 meters, I would licke to recomend you to visit Estartit and Ustica ... heheheheh.

If you want to visit our web site www.oceansub.com you can see pictures from Estartit (Illes Medes), Costa Brava and Corsica (Bonifacio and Lavezzi Islands) but not Ustica becouse seens today we don't have the luk to can go there.

Regards from Spain

Josep & gemma
:hi: :hi:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom