Where do you mount your Sensus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bretagus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everybody,
I posted a while back about buying a Sensus... and to make a short story shorter, mine arrived yesterday. I got it uplinked to my computer through USB (though I must complain... I had to, via trial and error, determine the link was through "COM4"... hopefully this will be streamlined in future models).

So the follow up question is... where do you keep yours? I remember a mention of the dry suit pocket, but I'd like to record an accurate temperature, something I think would be missed by keeping it inside the thermal protection.

I was thinking of putting the ring on a D-ring (i dive a bpw)... maybe on the back/butt d-ring, along with my SMB (PS - I've yet to get the SMB, so I haven't attached it, so if I just made a fool of myself, please don't poke, hehe)? Again, free-floating is key, as I really want as accurate a temperature as possible. Suggestions?
-Brett

I usually keep mine on a chest D ring, seems to be OK there.

I used to keep it on my butt d-ring until I caught a glimps of mine floating down to 100 feet in mexico. I now keep another one on my right hip d-ring

brass clip and connected to the upper right d-ring on my backplate (transpak harness)

I started out just securing mine to a chest d-ring directly. Later, I secured it to a bolt-snap - makes it easier to remove when I want to sync it. and when I'm storing my BC.

I wound up going with the chest D-ring, but I agree with the idea of adding a bolt-snap... removing it to sync was something of a PITA w/o one.

Another thought - I did a week on the Nekton Rorqual a couple of years ago. They were participating in a DAN study, and (with divers permission) attached a Sensus to every diver's BC. At the end of the week, they picked up all the devices to download them for the study, and ready them for the next week's divers. Besides alerting the crew to the fact that I had my own Sensus, having mine attached to a bolt-snap, made it easy to distinguish it from those owned by the boat.

Before I had pockets on both wetsuit and drysuit, I just used a loop of caveline to attach it to my back plate, out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom