Anyone here dive out of Brevard and Martin County in East Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I post Viz and conditions reports regularly on Spearboard as well as do other spearo's. Also Jupiter Dive Center has a conditions page that they post reports too.

If you are looking for reports from Stuart, Sebastian, & Vero, you will find mostly commerical hunters and rarely will you get a dive conditions report and never a fish report. In addition the conditions in those areas can change literally on an hour by hour basis from 30 feet of viz down to 5 feet

Jumping on any of the Jupiter boats will usually allow you to meet fellow hunters that you can gain more experience with.

Exactly what John said, that was a good post. In Ft. Pierce and Vero the conditions for most of the year are so dynamic the consistency of a "good" vis report would be crap *most* of the time. That being said, a calm west wind will give the best conditions. If the wind has been blowing hard from the N/NE it will take longer to clear (a few days), if the wind has been blowing hard from the S/SE it will clear up much faster (sometimes 1-2 days).
I started today with about 30 ft. of vis, after 1.5 hrs bottom time the vis was down to 5-10 ft.
We don't give fish reports because there are no fish here to report, they are all south of us in the clearer water.

Here's a couple clubs you might want to check out:
South Florida Spearfishing Club ~ Men and Woman committed to the preservation of our marine environment.
PALM BEACH FREEDIVERS
Florida Freedivers - Spearfishing & Freediving Gear

Humm, so it seems that most folks are south on this forum.

Being a local charter boat capt, I know most of the local commercial divers and yup, the average vis out of Canaveral is 10', 15' on a good day. That said, in the summer 20-25' is not uncommon if you know the area. There is just no real current and stream to clear it away. Some days good, some days bad. The water when the reverse current is in can be COLD - 54degrees F. Got to wear the hood, and you got to be able to deal with blackness, maybe to the bottom, maybe not. That is why we did some training in lakes to get that "blackout" feeling on the thermoclines. I am told by many locals that lots of times the thermal will have a crystal clear layer below, say the last 20 feet on an 80 ledge.

However, there are plenty of fish here, sebastian, and Ft. Pierce. I know from running the boat - I have seen "the take" - the fish are big and many. Sounds like the locals are just not talking about it.

Unfournatly, I can't run to S. Fl. every weekend :-(, and I can't afford to move either :)

If anyone wants to hook up let me know.

Thanks!

I plan on charteriong the Blue Tang for a private trip to try and get things moving faster skill-wise, or at least watch the experts!

for some reason I can not post to spearboard. I have emailsed the admin 3 times so far, but with no return. Checked junk mail, etc. Even tried an alternate work email. Any Ideas?

Same here Inetmug. I just quit going to spearboard, and haven't been there for a year or so. Many have switched to Scubaboard which seems to be much more user friendly. I do miss the frequent viz reports for Sebastian & SE out of Canaveral.

Inetmug and Bugmang, if you are having trouble posting on Spearboard, it may have something to do with your ISP, I know it did in my case.
I suggest you email the owner, Tony Grogan at: enter@bellsouth.net and explain your situtation to him and I am sure he will want to help you.
There is a lot of good information to be had on that site. Hope this helps.

Inetmug and Bugmang, if you are having trouble posting on Spearboard, it may have something to do with your ISP, I know it did in my case.
I suggest you email the owner, Tony Grogan at: enter@bellsouth.net and explain your situtation to him and I am sure he will want to help you.[/quote

Tried that, no response, deleted the link. Many of my buds have migrated to this site.

Bugmang, I do not understand why you are having trouble getting signed on on that site. I do know that Inetmug is now posting on that site. It is all about spearfishing and has a lot of diverse information. Hope you reconsider and get over there some. I post on several sites and do value my membership on Spearboard. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom