Sharm and Dahab Lodging???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

securitydiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all and thanks for a great forum, I have found some wonderful information.

I will be going to Sharm El Sheikh and Dahab in August. I am American and I will be taking a girl from Australia with me. I am looking for any lodging that matches the following criteria as closely as possible:

1. Literally on the beach.
2. Near the nightlife.
3. Maybe something with private cabana's or bungalows with direct beach access.

I am not too worried about the price for the most part I just want to have a romantic trip with lots of diving for both of us. Thanks for the help...

Well, in Sharm I know the perfect hotel for you. Hilton Fayrouz. It has the best stretch of the beach in Naama Bay which is the center of the nightlife. From Fayrouz to all the restaurants / clubs you have 100 metres :)

In Dahab it is a bit harder. If you can accept a basic accommodation, then you can choose from multiple basic hotels:
Dyarna Hotel > Dahab > Red Sea > Good Value > Sea View
The best is to go to Diving Sharm el Sheikh Dahab Hurghada Sinai Red Sea Egypt website, click on hotels on the left and there you have the map of hotels and its location. So for Dahab the center is Asallah Bay. Hotels like Hilton, Iberotel, Le Meridien are located 5-7km out of center, which means you have to take a taxi each time you want to get to the center.

Thanks for the link stiwi, it was exactly what I have been searching for.

The Hilton looks great, but I was wondering how the Marriott and Sofitel compare? I will probably end up at the Hilton, it looks incredible but thought I would do my homework on the other 2 also.

Thanks again...

The Hilton looks great, but I was wondering how the Marriott and Sofitel compare? I will probably end up at the Hilton, it looks incredible but thought I would do my homework on the other 2 also.

Mariott is not bad either. It is next to the Hilton Fayrouz / Dreams (Hilton Dreams is just across the street to the Fayrouz and use Fayrouz beach). Half of the Mariott is located next to the Dreams (across the road) and the other half next to Fayrouz, where you have a direct beach access. Mariott looks nice as well, but gets quite mixed reviews, also the internet in the rooms often doesn't work. In Hilton Dreams / Fayrouz there is a high speed cable internet connection, for an extra fee which is 100$ per week.

Sofitel is a nice hotel but not that nice as Hilton is. My main objections regarding the Sofitel are rooms, which I found quite small. Sofitel is located on the hills and it is like 1.5km far from the nightlife. It is exactly on the end of the long promenade which leads to the tight center of Naama Bay.

Dahab gets a bit loud at night, but a 5 min walk can get you to a sea side hotel/guest house.
If you are looking for a dive guide and some help to get you to dahab - check out this sight - Relocate Medhat is fantastic - great English, very experienced, incredibly generous and not at all sleazy. Forget the Hilton in Dahab - too far away.

I stayed at Hilton Dahab Resort. What a beautiful hotel! You have to take a cab to the nightlife though but I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

In Sharm El Sheikh, I liked the Marriott Beach Resort.

inmo divers in Dahab
amazing mango smoothies
bbq every tuesday

My tip for dahab is:

stay here: http://www.nesima-resort.com/

ask for a poolside room, slightly more expensive but give you a small terrace that faces out onto the pool.

Then as the previous poster mentioned, go dive with Medhat.

My tip for dahab is:

stay here: http://www.nesima-resort.com/

ask for a poolside room, slightly more expensive but give you a small terrace that faces out onto the pool.

Then as the previous poster mentioned, go dive with Medhat.

Is that past the Canyon on route to the Blue Hole ? Looks a bit like where Reef 2000 are...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom