Air Z Nitrox & Memo Mouse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bug

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have had my air Z nitrox for a few months and I recently bought the memo mouse so I could download the dives. I downloaded my first 2 dives a month ago. I just got back from Ft. Lauderdale with 11 dives. Only 4 of them are reporting full information such as dive profile, etc.

Has anybody seen this? I have tried redownloading the dives, but same result. I am waiting to hear back from Uwatec.

I was just wondering if anybody else has seen this?
:confused:

Yes, I have. Don't remember exactly, it's been a long time since I wrestled that damn mouse ... but I'll try:

The Computer holds only the 5 most recent dives complete. More than that, the oldest data gets overwritten. It'll still give you the basics, but the graph and display windows shouldn't work. :upset:

You should have taken the mouse along and downloaded the data into the mouse every day or so. The mouse, if I remember right, holds up to 60 hrs.,
something like that. It says so somewhere in the small print in the computers manual, and in big print in the mouse's. ;-0

The idea behind that gizmo was to have a 'hardware key' (make$$$) for the free software, and provide something smaller than a PC to download and store data.

Never liked the wet contacts or the mouse. :boom:

bit of a pain really - but worth it for these old puters

The computer (I have the basic air and it works the same) only holds full details for 4 dives.

I keep the mouse in a digital camera bag in my accessory bag and download the computer at the end of every day.

The double bagging keeps the mouse splash proof as it is not naturally sneeze proof !!

No worries and then after the trip just load the mouse down to the PC.

For rec diving not worth throwing out if you've invested this much so far.

The memo mouse holds a bunch more than the computer but the computer holds only 100 (or 200, I can't rmember but the Uwatec web site will tell you for sure) minutes of profiles and 19 dives worth of other info. The mouse hold 20 hours of profiles and 99 dives woth of other data I think. You over ran the memory.

The way it works is that the 101st (or 201st) minute causes the earliest dive with profile to be over written

I am using my Aladin Pro Nitrox with my memo mouse for quite some time (4 years). From memory stand point, it is the same. The computer itself contains the logbook of the last 19 dives. Only the last dive within 200 minutes have the whole profile.... Therefore, what I do, is that in the evening, I download the Aladin to memo mouse. Memo mouse can store up to 60 hours of dive profiles, not necessary of one computer.
So, I suggest you, after every dive day, connect the computer to the memo mouse, and that way you will be able to store all the profiles when you get home and download them to the pc/notebook.

sasha

Hello Reader.

I just purchased the Aladin Z Nitrox Air integrated Wrist comp and need the Uwatec Memo Mouse ..

please contact me @ mcm_007@yahoo.com

thanks !

mIke

Help Please I am trying to download dives from an Aladin pro NITROX I BOUGHT. It's fine with my old one None nitrox. but that has no oil now. So I bought this Nitrox Aladin pro and the memo mouse. As before I have always had problems transferring dives. Eventually, it works. But on this one the green light flashes, I go into log book, it goes red and then the green light lights up for 4 sec But no transfer to the PC . Im wondering, could it be that I am using a virtual machine? EP on my mac. But it did work fine on my old Aladin. Communication error between memo mouse And dive computer ! Well surely then it can't be the software, So Why am i getting this issue?

Help Please I am trying to download dives from an Aladin pro NITROX I BOUGHT. It's fine with my old one None nitrox. but that has no oil now. So I bought this Nitrox Aladin pro and the memo mouse. As before I have always had problems transferring dives. Eventually, it works. But on this one the green light flashes, I go into log book, it goes red and then the green light lights up for 4 sec But no transfer to the PC . Im wondering, could it be that I am using a virtual machine? EP on my mac. But it did work fine on my old Aladin. Communication error between memo mouse And dive computer ! Well surely then it can't be the software, So Why am i getting this issue?
I am guessing it's because you are attempting to mix obsolete technology with modern technology. Really, a serial port device connecting to a Windows VM on a Mac? Is there a hamster on a wheel involved somehow?

I suggest buying a newer dive computer that might be safer and more reliable than an antique.

You BOUGHT? Seriously? You actually paid real money for that? Now you want it to work too? Tsk tsk. :eek:

Your explanation is a little unclear.
What software are you using to download from the dive computer?
Are you actually using the memo mouse?
What type of communication medium (cables / computer ports) are you using?
Does your old dive computer work with your current setup? (it does not need oil to operate on your desk)

The original Datatrak sw will not communicate reliably on a modern fast computer - it appears to have some type of handcrafted timing logic that depends upon an old slow processor? I have some notes from 2013 where I found a description of the problem and a solution that involved patching the executable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom