OCEANIC PROBE LX BCD or AERIS ATMOS LX QRL BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mason417

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am leaning to buy either of these types BCD's and I am curious as to how you folks feel about them? Also, if not could you mention which one you use, Thanks all

If those are your only choices, make sure which ever one you go with is really what you want. If you change your mind later you'll find they have terrible resale value.

You know you don't have to buy from the shop that certified you, right?

If those are your only choices, make sure which ever one you go with is really what you want. If you change your mind later you'll find they have terrible resale value.

You know you don't have to buy from the shop that certified you, right?

I know, thankyou for the advice. You didnt give a answer as to which one or not and what do you use, Thanks.

I had a Probe when I was first certified, when I sold it (to get a BP/W, long story) I got less than half what it cost me not too very many months earlier.

If had to choose I'd *always* go for the back inflate. That said, I'm all about the backplate and wing these days.

Good luck and enjoy owning your own gear -- no matter what you eventually decide on! :)

They both feel good when I put them on and inflate. I guess I need to flip a coin and see what happens

I still cant decide, so any other commets would be grateful. Its not the money.

Go to the Manuf portion of this site. Research comments on customer service on both. Maybe that could be the deciding factor. I'm a big Oceanic fan personally.

I personally love my oceanic probe. Been thinking about going to a back inflate and if I do will probably go BP and wing. But for the time being, those big pockets are great.

It seems that ther are alot of Oceanic fans here and around the site. You guys are right about local and international dealers for the just in case repairs or service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom