What's a Tekna worth..??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trickkykidd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is a good Tekna worth on the open market?

If you bought one and the case went bad are the parts usable to make a "gavin" style scooter??

thanks,

I would say a good running Tekna was worth around $500, but a Mako is just about the same and much better.

What do you mean by the case went bad? Did it flood? If so everything electronic is going to need to be touched. Somewhere on the net I have seen where someone made a Gavin style scooter out of one, but dang that is going to take some serious machining.

HEY! When are we going diving?? Ryan is laid up, so I need a dive buddy. I have been able to get Susie out every now and again, but the water is cold right now. We can bust out the toys...either kayaks or scooters.

Hows the water conditions in SR lately?? I havent checked. I went down to Jade Cove last weekend and it was too surgy. It was great for the surfers (not that I was surfing) but not good diving. I got in the water but nothing to write home about. Spent more time at the beach which was still good.

I would love to get out in the water and play with the toys. Maybe next sunday if weather looks good...

Talking about planning a Tahoe trip either the weekend of the 14-15th or sometime in July. I'll let you know details as the come to light.

What is a good Tekna worth on the open market?

If you bought one and the case went bad are the parts usable to make a "gavin" style scooter??

thanks,

A motor in a Tekna is worth about $500,and these motors are more desirable than the Makos. If you can do a Tekna for $600 that is good,or if it is invery good shape maybe up to $800. You didn't say whether is was for a DV3X or DV100?

One of the best conversions is converting the Tekna in to a Gavin/SS-they used to give a pretty good trade in. My SS is an old Tekna that has a very strong motor.

A motor in a Tekna is worth about $500,and these motors are more desirable than the Makos. If you can do a Tekna for $600 that is good,or if it is invery good shape maybe up to $800. You didn't say whether is was for a DV3X or DV100?

The ones I found are DV3X.. a set w/cases.

One of the best conversions is converting the Tekna in to a Gavin/SS-they used to give a pretty good trade in. My SS is an old Tekna that has a very strong motor.

So sometime in the future I can buy gavin shells and parts ??

Just got a set of DV3X's and I am gonna rebuild one and one looks ready to go. Ordering batteries this weekend and we shall see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom