Wrist strap options for Cressi Archimedes II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to get some other kind of strap or mount for my Cressi Archimedes II wrist computer. I find the strap too short and it makes it a pain to get on over my drysuit. Anyone have any options?

Thanks,
Jim

DSS particularly states it won't fit Archimedes II. No surprise there as the II is hard to fit with anything existing. One shop once tried to concoct a way to fit one DR bungee system on mine (with total conviction they could do it), and it just would not work.

I hate the strap on mine too. Mine is long enough to reach over but short enough to be absolute pain to don every time. I tried some regular straps and stuff but just could not trust the puck would not fall off...There is not much to grab onto for bungee set up :(

Digital Gauge I think I'm going to try something like the "wrist strap, depth compensating" thing shown on this page in the price section. Seems like it's just a 1 inch flat bungee style of strap.

Oops... Read right past the Arch II part

I had a Zulu strap on my computer on a recent trip, and I wasn't thrilled. Even with a 3 mil suit, the compression still made the computer flop around at depth. I'll be going back to a bungie mount.

For the complete picture I should mention I wear my watch/depth gauge/timer on my right wrist nearest my hand, and my further up my forearm -i.e. where my arm starts to taper. So I'm not providing an optimal location, but having the computer spin around my arm and out of view while trying to do a controlled horizontal ascent using my left hand to dump air was just not ideal.

Henrik

I ended up buying a Dive Rite, Nitek DUO "cinch strap" which fits perfectly, is elastic and easily adjustable even with drygloves on. I think it is the next best option to a DSS mount with bungees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom