AquaMarine Diving, Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sandpipa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

Please has anyone had any experience lately of diving with this company? I've read good things and bad, but nothing very recent. I'm considering booking some dives with them later in the year and would be very grateful for some feedback.

Many thanks in advance,

Sandpipa.

I've dove with AquaMarine in Bali for the 4 years. Always have excellent & professional service. I do a mulit-day diving safari that has included sites such as Secret Bay, Puri Jati, Tulamben, Seraya, Amed, Padang Bai & an occasional new area. Super muck diving. I highly recommend AquaMarine.

Last edited:
I dove with them a couple of years ago. Great....would not hesitate to use them again and book any tours with them.

I also dived with them a few months ago and have only good things to say about them. Great people, great dives.

Thanks very much, all. I'm planning on doing one of their dive safaris, similar to Jcclink's. You've put my mind at rest. Looking forward to it!!

S.

This may be late, but I dove with them three years ago and had a great time. They were professional, competent, on-time and just all-around great. I would not hesitate to dive with them again.

We just got back from Bali. The day before we left my girlfriend and I booked a trip with AM to go to Nusa Penida for a chance to see the mantas. The staff were quite professional in the shop. We were picked up at 6:30 the next morning and spent the next 1 1/2 hours picking up other guests. Then we were told to relax as it was a 2 1/2 hour ride to the pier. We weren't told that we would spend 4 hours in a minivan- One Way! So, we jumped out and took a taxi back to our villa. We later were given a full refund from the staff. Again, they seemed quite professional, however we feel that we should have been informed that we would spend 8 hours in a minivan as well as another 2 in transport on the boat for just 2 dives.

Had we been informed, we'd have chosen not to do it as it was our last day on the island and we wanted to chill a bit. So, never actually dived with them, but you may want to ask about how long the transfers will be.

KT Darius.. Just curious of these 4 hours one way (??!)
where were you staying, and where was the boat/pier?
Aquamarine's office is in South Bali (Kuta-Seminyak-Sanur- those areas), so going to Nusa Penida, usually also from South Bali.. and I assume you were also staying around south Bali?
Even from Sanur to dive to Tulamben doesnt take that long!

KT Darius,
Perhaps there was some translation error or something else going on? When I stayed there I was at a resort in Seminyak, and it was not more than an hour or so to get to the Nusa Penida dive pier. It was about 2 1/2 hours to get to Tulamben for two day trip dives there - but that is clear on the other side of Bali. I think in a 4 hour ride you could almost circumnavigate the island!

This past March I did a long (23 days), complex (four destinations in Bali, Komodo and Sulawesi) dive vacation. I worked with Aquamarine to arrange the trip. And they were outstanding in every respect.

I gave them some general parameters (places we'd like to visit, and general time frames) and they worked interactively with us putting together an itinerary, arranging bookings with lodges and liveaboard, and arranging for inter-island flights. For the Bali portion of our trip they supplied us with an excellent dive guide. Their representative met us at the airport and made sure everything went smoothly to get us through customs and on our way. They arranged a driver and island tour (based on our requests) for the final, non-diving day of our trip.

In all respects, they treated us to first-class customer service. I wouldn't hesitate using them again, or recommending them to anyone.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom