Red Sea Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ignatius

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Everyone,

I probably should have asked this question before booking the liveaboard :D, but has anyone ever dived with the Tony Backhurst liveaboards in the Red Sea. I have a trip scheduled for the end of June on the Cyclone in the Northern Red Sea. Any feedback on your experiences with them?

Also, will a 3mm full wetsuit be sufficient for early July?

I haven't been on a Tony Backhurst trip, but they have a very good reputation in the UK. I went on Blue Fin (Blue O Two) which is known as one of the better Red Sea operators. There is another post going on Blue Fin. The OP had a bad experience. I have put my comments there.

The TB website has a profile of all of their boats. Take a look at Divernet - Diver Magazine Online | SCUBA | Diving | Dive Shows | Gear Tests | Travel | News

This is the website for one of the UK recreational dive magazines. Since the Red Sea is a popular site from the UK (&Europe) there are a number of reviews over the years. If you go to the 'Travel Features' bar and pick Red Sea you should get some reviews.

Hi Everyone,

I probably should have asked this question before booking the liveaboard :D, but has anyone ever dived with the Tony Backhurst liveaboards in the Red Sea. I have a trip scheduled for the end of June on the Cyclone in the Northern Red Sea. Any feedback on your experiences with them?

Also, will a 3mm full wetsuit be sufficient for early July?

The Cyclone is part of the Tornado Marine Fleet, Tony Backhurst is the tour operator for them in the UK. I went on Whirlwind in December and everything was good – food, service, diving, etc. I've been on Cyclone, but only in the harbour, and it is a nice-looking vessel.

And a 3mm full suit will be plenty in July – I am going out on Blue Horizon a week or so later that month and I am wearing a 3/2mm full suit.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom