Destin Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hetland

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had my deep and navigation classes this past weekend. Our first deep dive was natural reef bottom, but viz was terrible, and there was very little light getting through to the bottom. Our second dive was the Air Force Barge, and viz was a little bit better. Temps at both locations were 70F, and there were plenty of critters to look at, though most were of the smallish variety.

Nav class was in a spot that had 3-5' viz, and it lasted most of the day. I felt like a salted pickle by the time I was done, but I'm much more confident about my navigation ability now. It was certainly an eye-opening class (no viz pun intended).

Here is a crappy video of the deep dives: YouTube - Deep Dive Class next time I'll swim slower, and try to eleminate some of the shaikness. I also found that my frame rate was set to the lowest setting :dork2:, so maybe my next vids will turn out a little better :wink:

You did a great job on the video :). I definitely would like to take a navigation class. I am already planning on taking a wreck class this summer.

Back
Top Bottom