Air Usage PSI Tracking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rshreader

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have been surfing around reading about computers. I am a newly certified diver (two days ago here in Jamaica). I liked the look of the Aeris Atmos AI and as I was reading reviews I saw that one reviewer said he really liked it but would have liked it to keep track of beginning and ending PSI readings for each dive.

Sounded like a good idea to me.

Do any computers track that data for you and store it in their memory?

Thanks

Read

My Suunto D9 does...

Cheers.

-J.-

Suunto Vytec and Cobra - both will compute psi used on the dive and, even better, will will display the average depth of the dive, a number necessary for the calculation of surface consumption rate.

I have been surfing around reading about computers. I am a newly certified diver (two days ago here in Jamaica). I liked the look of the Aeris Atmos AI and as I was reading reviews I saw that one reviewer said he really liked it but would have liked it to keep track of beginning and ending PSI readings for each dive.

Thanks

Read

Many (most?) air integrated computers have a logbook function that tracks PSI as well as other parameters.

I have the Aeris Atmos AI and it DOES keep track of beginning and end pressure. Not sure why they said it did not in the review.

I have been surfing around reading about computers. I am a newly certified diver (two days ago here in Jamaica). I liked the look of the Aeris ATMOS AI and as I was reading reviews I saw that one reviewer said he really liked it but would have liked it to keep track of beginning and ending PSI readings for each dive.

Thanks

Read

I don't know what the other poster was talking about within the posting you read. I own three ATMOS AI computers varying in age from 4 years old to one year old (mine. wife and daughter) and they all record beginning and ending pressure for each dive.

When you download the data into the Aeris ACI (computer logging software that comes with the computer) it uses those two numbers along with average depth to calculate your SAC (surface air consumption rate).

As far as the Aeris ACI program you might want to download the latest version of software from the following URL when you get your new ATMOS AI.

The most current versio fo the software is 2.20.

DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Services - Software

The poster the OP is referring to probably would like to see the beginning and ending pressures in the dive review on-screen instead of having to wait and download the dive.

AFAIK, ALL of the Aeris and Oceanic computers track beginning and ending pressures. I know for a fact that the Oceanic ProPlus2, Atom 2, and Datamask all do. I own one of each.

I have the Aeris Atmos AI and it DOES keep track of beginning and end pressure. Not sure why they said it did not in the review.

Well, Yes & No are both correct.

Yes it does track the beginning and ending pressures.
However, you cannot see them unless you purchased a download cable
and use it to download the dive information to a PC running windows.

There is no way to see this and other information like average depth
without downloading.

--- bill

Thank you

Are there any computers which do display these data before downloading?

The one between your ears can handle this task.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom