Diving Bali December 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clarifon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, so I got an opportunity to go to Bali this December, from about the 15th to the 3rd of January. Id just like to know what the diving is like that time of the year, should I bring my stuff and plan on diving a couple of dives, will I be able to rent decent BC's and reg's, are there any good reefs you can reccomend? What will the weather and the vis be like, I heard theres tropical rains that time of the year, will it be raining all the time or mostly at night? Im really excited seeing as Ive only dived here in South Africa and Mozambique which is our neighbouring country. Ill appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Regards

I was in Bali years ago just before Xmas and the weather was nice. It almost seems to have its own microclimate because of the volcanoes. On the weather maps on TV I noticed other parts of Indonesia were indeed rainy, but in the week I was there, no rain in north of Bali where I was. Very pleasant.

Don't forget to find out how much your international departure tax is for the airport at Bali so that you will be able to save enough local currency to pay it. In most countries departure and other taxes are included in the ticket. As of 2007 Indonesia required cash payments in Rupiah. There are also a few other countries (Fiji, Thailand?,) that do the same, so always inquire.

I forget when Mola mola (Ocean Sunfish) season is but if you are there for the molas, they are real treat. Nothing else in the world quite like them. I have seen them in Southern California in the summer. If you or anyone else has mola sighting you can report them to Ocean Sunfish Seen an ocean sunfish? You can help Dr. Tierney Thys (tierney@mbay.net). The southern part of Bali has much colder water than the north.

thanks, Ill keep the airport tax in mind. Do you have any advice on which reefs or dive spots that are worth diving? Id like to know which ones I should look out for when Im there.

Hi guys, so I got an opportunity to go to Bali this December, from about the 15th to the 3rd of January. Id just like to know what the diving is like that time of the year, should I bring my stuff and plan on diving a couple of dives, will I be able to rent decent BC's and reg's, are there any good reefs you can reccomend? What will the weather and the vis be like, I heard theres tropical rains that time of the year, will it be raining all the time or mostly at night? Im really excited seeing as Ive only dived here in South Africa and Mozambique which is our neighbouring country. Ill appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Regards

Pick the right dive operator and yes you will get good hire gear (always nice to have your own mask and fins though) and there a a number of very good operators to choose from. Forget Mola Mola's the season will be done by then (always and of chance to see one)

Departure Tax international Rp150,000 (only payable by cash), as to reefs and dive spots depends on what you want to see. humidity is reasonably high but not unbearable starting to rain a lot more but do not anywhere like it does in January and February. Still some really great diving to be had in various places but best to check what is happening with the conditions wheb you are on the ground.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom