don't bash us for cruising

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

falcon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok, I know how many feel about cruises as poor dive vacations. However, diving is one of various activities that my wife and I are doing on our vacation. We will be in Cozumel for a day and in Grand Cayman for a day in March. Any suggestions to help us maximize our diving opportunities? Don't hate me for taking a cruise, please.

falcon wrote...
We will be in Cozumel for a day and in Grand Cayman for a day in March. Any suggestions to help us maximize our diving opportunities?
Jump ship.

Disappointingly, that snobbish response does not surprise me. One does not have to sleep on a dive boat with a regulator in one’s mouth, or make 14 dives in a day, to be a diving enthusiast. We enjoy the diving opportunities we have, but our vacation is one that has a variety of activities. I guess that makes us second-class divers in the opinion of this discussion board. Too bad.

falcon wrote...
Disappointingly, that snobbish response does not surprise me.
Snobbish, no. Humorous, yes.

Well, hopefully humorous, anyway.

:wink:

new member will not know of your so called sense of humour. Hopefully it has not scared him off and someone can actally give him some advice.

Sorry Falcon can't help you as I've never dived that part of the world.

Jonathan

Sorry, I don't find it humorous.

Jonathan wrote...
new member will not know of your so called sense of humour. Hopefully it has not scared him off and someone can actally give him some advice.
:p

Relax, Jonathan. Either he's got a chip on his shoulder about this cruising thing - which begs the question of why, given that this board doesn't seem to be into cruise-bashing (that I've ever noticed anyway) - or he's trolling.

Either way, my quip is no reason to be scared off.

I have no chip, and I have no idea what trolling is so I don’t think I am guilty of that. I was hoping that someone else that has experienced the itinerary that we have might have some input. Simple question just wanted a simple answer.

falcon wrote...
I have no chip, and I have no idea what trolling is so I don’t think I am guilty of that. I was hoping that someone else that has experienced the itinerary that we have might have some input. Simple question just wanted a simple answer.
Well, you do seem rather defensive about it for no discernible reason....

Can't help with Cayman, but depending on the time you arrive in Cozumel, I'd try to arrange either an afternoon two-tanker and a night dive, or possibly a late morning trip followed immediately by another in the afternoon. You'll miss out on lunch, but it's worth it, IMHO. We used to do four-five tanks a day that way on a regular basis.

Some diveshops have specific later morning departures for cruise passengers, so that shouldn't be too hard to arrange in any case.

more relaxed than me and be legally awake! Unfotunately sarcasm (or quips if you will) do not come across very well on this medium - that's why I always put a :wink: or something when I do it.

We have quite a few cruisers on the board so I am sure you will get more advice. It appears to me that they would, like yourself, prefer to make their own arrangements rather than rely on the boat.

And falcon - as for trolling don't even go there! There is even a who is king of the trolls thread out there.... Toll = trouble make = jep!

Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom