Hollis BCD's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FloridaScubaDepot

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
So we spent some time in the store the other day setting up the new Hollis BCD's, back plates, etc. First off, they look great! Hollis makes a fantastic product, and they also include AWESOME instructions on how to set all of it up. Let's get to the pictures!

PICT0004.jpg

25 lb singles wing on the right, 38 lb singles wing on the left...

PICT0011.jpg

Black aluminum plate...

PICT0013.jpg

Elite harness on a black aluminum plate...

PICT0014.jpg

Switchback harness on SS plate with back pad...

PICT0015.jpg

HTS harness...

PICT0016.jpg

If you have any questions or would like to purchase Hollis equipment, just give us a shout!

-Florida Scuba Depot

I hope that the Hollis gear is better then your photo's

I hope that the Hollis gear is better then your photo's

:catfight:

Hey!

We've had great luck with the Hollis line too, including their BC's, and the new regulators! W'eve been carrying Hollis gear since January '08. We had one of our divemasters test run the regulator on the Spiegel Grove last week, and it performed flawlessly at 100+ feet. He bought a Hollis regulator the Monday he got back, and hasn't looked back since!

We recently did some remodeling in our store, and built a section just for our Hollis gear. That being said, here are some new pictures of the Switchback Harness on a stainless steel plate with the Hollis back pad, 25 lb singles wing, and STA!

switchback-25lb.jpg

switchback-25lb_backview.jpg

switchback-25lb_side.jpg

Notice how small and streamlined the wing is. You can't even see it sticking out from our employee's sides, and it's fully inflated (and he's pretty skinny!). This wing is absolutely tiny for a 25 lb lift wing.

I have the Holis BP/W. It is great. The 25#wing is awesome! Quality, Fit, and performance its all there. I look forward to owning more of Nicks product as I get further into the more technical aspect of diving.

Thanks Nick!!

Thanks to you Nick & everyone at Hollis for putting out a great product. Quality products lead to quality customers & divers!

PS... We actually sold the unit shown in the photo last night. :D

Thinking about that hts for my first bc purchase, i'll be spearfishing in the gulf :d

The quality of the #25 wing appears to be solid. The single cam bands leave much to be desired. They are unworthy of the wing and pack plate. The buckle gouges the cylinder and the wimpy Velcro attached to the strap is a total disservice to the customer. Please provide a high quality strap and charge the extra couple dollars.

Another area of disservice is the cheap cheap cheap wire ties attached to the inflator hose on both ends. I surfaced after a deep deco dive, used the inflator on my 65# wing and the inflator fell off in my hand. I wasn’t impressed with the zip tie that cost a fraction of a penny. Please use a clamp with a bolt like the other guys, charge me the extra couple dollars. I will gladly pay the extra money.

With that being said, I like the wings and back plate. However, I have replaced eight cam straps and all hardware to connect the inflator hoses with the other guys gear. Please don’t cut corners on the straps and hardware. This will hinder success for Hollis in the market that you are now competing for.

Respectfully,
Mark

Back
Top Bottom