right bcd size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi how are you guys doin im a newbie to the diving world. I was wondering what size BCD would be good for me? My height it 5'6 i weight 200lbs If it helps a large tshirt fits me confortably.Thank you guys for the help im glad i found this place. OO btw my waist size is 34-36 lol i know its wierd but i actually have different waist sizes for different cloths i wear.chest size about 43"

Hi how are you guys doin im a newbie to the diving world. I was wondering what size BCD would be good for me? My height it 5'6 i weight 200lbs If it helps a large tshirt fits me confortably.Thank you guys for the help im glad i found this place. OO btw my waist size is 34-36 lol i know its wierd but i actually have different waist sizes for different cloths i wear.chest size about 43"
HI SV71,
I'd look at the charts that determine your size at ,for instance, scubatoys,leisurepro or your local dive shop (LDS).Different makes can be slightly larger or smaller.And I'd look at Backplate/wings, even if you are new to all this. Go to forums here at scuba board and read treads back some months ago.Just get a bc which will complement the kind of diving you wish to do.....Luck, and safe diving.....PORBEAGLE

ok thanks man. Ill be doing alot of diving in lake michigan since im not a person with gobbs of money lol i cant really afford to go anywhere nice.This is just gonna be a fun hobby for getting in shape more before i leave for the military.I have noticed that the large is just about what i need as far as fitment.

If you go with Zeagle, you can get each of the parts a different size. That'll handle wide/narrow shoulders, wide/narrow waistlines and tall/short divers and all combinations.

Give ScubaToys a call and they can get you set up.

ok. I was browsing ebay and actually found a bcd that is just about exact specs and its a awesome price.Now i just have to find a good reg combo

I'd imagine probably an L or XL from most manufacturers would fit. Obviously the best option is just to go along to the LDS and try a few (or get a backplate, of course, which fits everyone :)).

Each manufacturer has different size measurements. Again, would be best you try them out at your LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom