Sharm restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArthurGerla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,

We're off to Sharm el Sheikh in two days, on the cheap at 289 euro for the flight, 3* hotel and half board. They can't possibly feed us a proper evening meal at those prices :wink: so I'm planning to eat out every night. I'm familiar with the the Indian restaurant in the Camel Hotel and Pomodoro, the Italian place next to that. So far I've also heard good things about Abou El Sid (the Egyptian eatery above the Hard Rock café) and Sinai Star in Old Market (seafood, no alcohol served apparently). Also there's supposed to be a good Lebanese place (Zahle) at the Hilton Waterfall resort.

Any comments or other tips?

TIA,

Art

I would recommend Safsafa in the Old Town, again no alcohol, Dananeer in Naama bay is excellent for steak and seafood, Sala Thai in the Hyatt is very good but not cheap, Onions and Manchow Wok in El Mercato are good value and agfain for authentic eygypian food try El Masrien in the Old Town.

The Tandori at Camel is liked but not my favourite but Pomodoro is excellent - try the lunch buffet at LE21 for the cold buffet including soup and sweet is fantastic value. Eating on the roof at Camel in the evening is also very good value - the fish and chips and the Blackened Sea Bass are recommended.

Hope you enjoy.

Lebaneese in Bus Stop - next to Camel hotel. Buddha Bar in Naama. Italian also in Bus stop. And again - Safsafa - the best grilled king prawns in the world.

Mania

Dananeer is great. Highly recommended. A taxi ride to the old market is worthwhile too. Avoid the Lebanese restaurant that you can see from the Camel Bar. Rip off.

the restaurant at Ras Um Sid was a great place 10 years ago. Bedouin tent-style and excellent food.

But that was 10 years ago

Back
Top Bottom