Hollis DC1 212 Regulators ROCK!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FloridaScubaDepot

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey All (& Nick H),

This new DC1 212 regulator absolutely rocks. We just got the Yoke & DIN versions and immediately hooked them up on the test bench. Ease of inhalation & exhalation is super through the whole spectrum of pressures. We are taking one down to Key Largo & will do both deep and shallow dives this weekend. But based on bench results, this will be a fantastic breather.

A+++ to the Hollis team for pushing the envelope on the regulator design & function!

Hey All (& Nick H),

This new DC1 212 regulator absolutely rocks. We just got the Yoke & DIN versions and immediately hooked them up on the test bench. Ease of inhalation & exhalation is super through the whole spectrum of pressures. We are taking one down to Key Largo & will do both deep and shallow dives this weekend. But based on bench results, this will be a fantastic breather.

A+++ to the Hollis team for pushing the envelope on the regulator design & function!

Hi Steve & Team at Florida Scuba Depot,

Pleased you like the finished product! Be sure and check out the new DC2 as well. Our first units began shipping last week.

Best Regards,

OK- the shop I teach for just got some DC1 or DC2s in. They look pretty, but I don't know anyone who has bottom time with one yet. I dive a Scubapro MK25/S600 as well as Atomic ST1. Has anyone else used these regs as well as the Hollis and can give me their opinion?

Thanks

OK- the shop I teach for just got some DC1 or DC2s in. They look pretty, but I don't know anyone who has bottom time with one yet. I dive a Scubapro MK25/S600 as well as Atomic ST1. Has anyone else used these regs as well as the Hollis and can give me their opinion?

Thanks

OK- a follow up to my previous question. I got a chance to dive the DC2 over the weekend and I will say this: very nice. It is right on par with the Atomics and Scubapros- effortless breathing. Though I only took it to 75 feet it performed beautifully. I inverted (which causes some issues with other regs) and though I did notice a slight decrease in performance, it was just fine. Would I buy one? You bet. "A" list performance reg for a fair price. Good job Hollis!

I have had the chance to dive with both the DC1 & DC2 versions. I don't know if Nick can elaborate... but it seems the DC1 breathes a little easier. Don't get me wrong though... the DC2 is still better breathing than most regs out there. :D

I just did 19 dives in Bonaire with the DC1 and absolutely love it. I did find I actually need to tune it down at deeper depths when I invert, as it will start to freeflow slightly... but is completely dry. (Unlike some regs that breathe slightly "wet" when inverted)

As a side note... we now have one of my assistant instructors, and instructors using the Hollis regs as well as myself. They can dive any of the brands we offer... Atomic, Mares, Oceanic, Hollis or others. They both chose the Hollis after testing them out. What better recommendation can you get? :wink:

I live in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area and it looks like the nearest Hollis dealer is 175 miles away in Wisconsin.

If I were to purchase a Hollis DC1 212 Regulator online, do I need to send it out of state to get it serviced or can a local dive shop handle this job?

I just read something to the effect that Hollis regs need to be serviced by hollis dealers so they can keep track of them and be able to hand out and notification of recalls, service advisories etc etc.

I'm sure Nick will be along to correct me or expand on that.

Would love to demo a DC1 or 2 out here in the west of Canada.

Last edited:
I live in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area and it looks like the nearest Hollis dealer is 175 miles away in Wisconsin.

If I were to purchase a Hollis DC1 212 Regulator online, do I need to send it out of state to get it serviced or can a local dive shop handle this job?

Our regs are currently serviced at authorized dealers by certified Hollis tech's or by us, the manufacturer. In your case, you would need to send it out of state for both. That is until we open a Hollis dealer in Minneapolis :D

By following the service plan, you will receive free parts for your regs - all you pay for is the shipping and labor.

Thanks for the questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom