GShores - ShoreDv Report? 5/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huntster70

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Thinking about Free diving the Orange Beach Inlet or The Whiskey.... I hear there are Jellies all over the beach. Can anyone give reports of that area?

Can't give you a direct report, but P'Cola Beach had purple flags up along with green flags. Water looked emarald blue and the surf was shin-high at best. Looked awesome out there, but I was working and didn't have gear with me :(

Man, I hope this isn't another repeat of last year. I got jacked up several times with jellyfish stings to face and neck:11:. They were bad last year, hopefully they wont be quite as bad this year.

Doesn't it seem a bit early for jellies??????

I dove Navarre Pier this afternoon, and again around 8:45 tonight. I got several facefulls of stinging strands, and jellies were basically everywhere, even though I was hooded, gloved, etc, I still got multiple hits in the face and wrists. I would not even consider going in the water without a skin and a hood.

I'll give a Navarre report a little later.

-h

Crap i'm diving the "O" tommorow, hopefully they are not covering the area that far out. Guess I will pack my hood just in case.

Looks like there are a bunch out there. I decided to go fishing all night with friends instead of diving... What wrong with me...? :)

We had a drop light there were several Jelly Fish about. We were at the P-Cola inlet and west of it in the sandy shallows, back off the Pier at the Navy Base (didn't see any here), and at 2 mile bridge.

We caught a Red Snapper at the base but it was to small to keep.

I too hope that they don't get too bad for us... :( eghhhhh. A face full of that would suck!!!

Thanks for the replys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom