Free WiFi hotspots in Sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArthurGerla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm planning to keep a blog of my upcoming week in Sharm. I know there's wifi access in the Camel bar, and there was a reliable open access point near the Eurosharm real estate agent across from the old taxi stand in Naama last time I looked. Any others you folks know of?

We stayed at Camel in April and I was impressed with the WiFi. It's in the rooms and a separate transmitter around the pool etc. Dunno about other places. I didn't wander round with my laptop checking.

The Picasso Restaurant has two of the greatest living discoveries in the known universe ....
1) Proper decent italian coffee (ask for American coffee)
2) Free internet access to go with it!

It is in Hadaba on the City Council Street.
Ask for Ocean College and any taxi driver will drop there, and Picasso's is opposite.
Near the go-kart track.

Its run by a British woman and her partner, and they have Sunday lunches, with fantastic deserts!!
.. plus a cute puppy called Reuben

My favourite is Makani, one in Hadaba near Sheikh Abdullah Supermarket and one in Rosa Mall in Naama Bay. Great sandwiches and fresh lime (ask for Limon) juice. Excellent WiFI connections.

If you want junk food all McDonalds outlets have WiFi - good connection.

Funny how, once I started looking, unsecure hotspots appeared everywhere. I can add to the list:

* Cilantro (between Pacha and McDonalds)
* Abou el Sid (above the Hard Rock Café)
* Ghazala Beach (outside the Sinai Divers shop)
* Also, Mobinil offers free trial access to their hotspots. There was one within reach of Melody (the Italian place just outside Old Market)

Sadly (since I hung around there quite a lot) I couldn't get my laptop nor my pda to connect at the Camel bar & hotel. The WiFi access point in the new airport departure lounge allowed me to connect, but not my buddy's newfangled Vista machine.

Back
Top Bottom