Comprehensive Bohol Resort list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eagerbeaver

Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to put together a list of all resort/diveshops on Bohol/Panglao...all additions appreciated. Also please feel free to add comments about each place or a marks out of 10 rating -

1.Bohol Beach Club
2.Ananyana
3.Hippocampus
4.Lost Horizon
5.Seaquest

Genesis Divers. I found Lur and the others to be a good group to dive with, usually allowing divers to make dives as long as air supply safely allowed, friendly and helpful. Peters House offers accommodation as part of the package (if they are not full). Used my own kit, don't know the condition of the rental gear. Recommended.

Alona Divers. Only took a day trip to Cabilao with this group. Rental gear was average, wish I had brought my own. It was OK. I would try them again to get a better idea of what they offer, 1 day of diving was not enough to form a solid opinion.

Philippine Island Divers. Didn't dive with them in Bohol, only used their operations from Malapascua. They have a shop a ways down the beach, in the same compound as Bohol Divers Resort.

1.Bohol Beach Club
2.Ananyana
3.Hippocampus
4.Lost Horizon
5.Seaquest[/QUOTE]
6.Genesis Divers
7.Alona Divers
8.Philippine Island Divers

1.Bohol Beach Club
2.Ananyana
3.Hippocampus
4.Lost Horizon
5.Seaquest[/quote]
6.Genesis Divers
7.Alona Divers
8.Philippine Island Divers

9. Isis Bungalows
10. Alona Palm Beach resort
11. Panglao Island Nature Resort

I like Sea Explorer, they are the cleanest, most organized and very friendly dive shop on alona beach.

4.Lost Horizon Resort/ Philippine Fun Diver (PFD) - Resort is clean, rooms serviced daily, Modern rooms have large LCD tv, the older rooms have small tv & old furniture, takes quite awhile to prepare packed lunch... PFD - very new equipment, experienced, friendly & helpful crew.

Thanks for that Carlos, just what I was looking for. By the way did you receive my email?

Bohol Beach Club - nice if you want a slightly higher end place and want to be secluded. Try to stay in the bungalows though as the rooms in the main building are average (but roomy). It's located well north of Alona beach so will involve private transport if you want to look around Panglao Island. It's also set back quite far from the main road so it's a good walk on their private drive way if you want to find a trike/ jeepney into Alona. They will not allow taxis etc into the resort so you are forced to use their high priced hotel cars. I ended up walking all the way out and luckily ran into the DM's/ boatboys from the shop I used hanging out drinking beers at the local roadside shop. They managed to find a "cousin" with a car for me to get me into Alona Beach for dinner and find a replacement mask (lost mine on Balicasag).

BBC does have a beautiful white sand beach right in front. Nice large pool as well. Food was mediocre. Great diving right in front of the resort. The resort is more popular with non divers. There is a dive shop attached (forget the name). Nice folks, had the whole bangka and DM to myself during my trip. Takes a little longer to get to Balicasag vs going from Alona Beach.

Alona Palms - I didn't stay there but I had a walk through the resort. Very nice... Well kept grounds, but very expensive at $200+ for a villa. Very nice pool just above the tree line from the beach. It's also a short walk away from the main strip of restaurants/ shops on Alona Beach so I suspect it would be a quiet area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom