Sunto Dive Manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rds4640

Contributor
Reaction score
Is anyone having problems with SDM 1.4 crashing ALOT when viewing graph info? I like the software but hate the crashing. BTW I', using W2K

I played around with the software while looking at the Vytec and did not have a problem, although the software was unimpressive IMO. I have W2K Pro.

MD

Win2k, have been using it for many months, over 50 dives in the log.

Works fine, including viewing the graphs.

No crashes with me. My problem is getting a consistent download from the 'puter.

I don't have any problems with using the software. I just wish it was a little more feature-rich. One thing I really wish I could do with it, is combine two dives into one. Everytime I hit the surface for more than 3 minute, BAM, it's a new dive. I understand why this is, I just wish, for logging purposes, that I could combine those two into one dive that just happened to have a stop at the surface for a few minutes. :eek:ut:

Although it is good for inflating my number of dives...

I also run it on W2K....the only thing that I wish it did is I wish I could add to the fields that show up on the summary (where you see all the dives listed).

Peace,
Cathie

I'm guessing that you must have a compatibility issue with other software or a bad copy. I also have a Cobra and SDM 1.4 and the incredibly expensive cable.

I use SDM with W2Kpro and Win 98 and never had a crash.

Have you tried reinstalling a new version?

I have a friend who could not get SDM to work with his WinXP, Finally he downloaded the most recent version from Suunto and that cleared up the problem. By the way, he had to totally erase the old version first. Installing the new version over the old one did not help.

Downloading from the computer to the PC is another thing altogether. The interface is very finicky. I had a heck of a time getting the two to talk at first, then it just started to work. I don't think I did anything differently. It worked flawlessly after that for over a year, 100+ downloads, then it stopped again about 2 months ago. A bit of swearing cleared up the problem and it works again.

It seems to be related to the phases of the moon. Or not.

Gerry

You CAN change the summary.

CuriousMe once bubbled...
I also run it on W2K....the only thing that I wish it did is I wish I could add to the fields that show up on the summary (where you see all the dives listed).

Peace,
Cathie

Right click anywhere in the summary area. You will get a menu, choose Listbox Properties...

You can transfer fields you want to view or hide. Also you can reorder the fields.

Gerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom