Scituate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justinfv41

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey guys,
Just joined the site today. Snorkel alot, and got a boat a few weeks ago:D, so I'm planning to do alot of diving this summer. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any wrecks or good spots around Scituate Ma. Lat. Lon., description, depth, e.t.c. would be great.
Thanks alot guys,
Justin

Hey Justin Welcome to Scubaboard!

Don't forget to leave someone capable of driving the boat in it.

Here are a few good resources for you. The first is a website and the other two are books written by Gary Gentile. I'm told the numbers are dead on and there are a lot of wrecks (at least in the North Shore book) my tech dive buddies never heard about.

Hunting New England Shipwrecks

SHIPWRECKS OF MASSACHUSETTS: North - Gary Gentile Productions

Shipwrecks of New Jersey: North - Gary Gentile Productions

Good luck and dive safe!

Yes, Gary's numbers are as "dead on" as possible. But sometimes they can be off just a tad.:D
Check out our attempted wreck dive from a little over a week ago, Sunday, May 26
Reported Dives 2008

Dennis

There are some wrecks in the area, most notably the Pinthis (~100fsw). I believe it is 7 mi off scituate. This is a great wreck dive with an interesting history. Here is some info: http://www.northernatlanticdive.com - Pinthis

G. Gentile's books are a great resource for narrowing down your options. Good luck.

Bert

Does "Shipwrecks of Mass." have any spots around the scituate area?

As mentioned, there is the Pinthis about 7 miles out between Scituate and Green Harbor.

A bit to the north of Scituate there is the Delaware.

Do-able by boat from Scituate, outside of Plymouth there is the Mars.

A bit further east of the Mars is the Colbrook.

I'm guessing at about 20 miles down (S.E.) the coast from Scituate there is the Henry Endicott.

About 11 miles to the N.E. in 165fsw there is the Southland.

On a good day, depending on your vessel, you could head east about 22 miles and be at the Josephine Marie.

Those are the wrecks in the book that a boat based in Scituate can readily access.

Dive Safe,
Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom