Transpac II with broken clip on shoulder strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lursxt

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,
I have a broken clip on the left shoulder strap of my transpac II. One of the tabs broke off. Its on the upper half of the strap and it looks like the clip can't be replaced because everything is stitched in place. Does anyone know how I can get this repaired?

First off - try contacting Dive Rite!

You should be able to buy the clip. Any canvas shop will be able to sew the new one on for you. I do the sewing with an OLD singer machine without much trouble. The newer machines and needles won't handle the tougher fabrics.

I sewed all the adjustments on my transpac - perfect fit every time and never needs a strap tugged on:)

Hi everyone,
I have a broken clip on the left shoulder strap of my transpac II. One of the tabs broke off. Its on the upper half of the strap and it looks like the clip can't be replaced because everything is stitched in place. Does anyone know how I can get this repaired?

Canvas shop, Upholstery shop, Shoe Repair. All should have a Sewing machine capable of doing the job.

Tobin

Hi everyone,

Hi Lursxt,

If you send in just the shoulder strap, we can replace the plastic buckle. It will be $20 and we’ll ship US Post n/c

You can contact Jess in our service department if you have any further questions. 386 752 1087

Best,
Ag

Thanks for the quick response! Sounds reasonable. I'll give Jess a call. I'll also keep those who are following this thread udpated.

FYI---I've had my Transpac modified at a lugage repair shop for cheap, no problem!

quick update..DR received my shoulder strap yesterday and is working on it today. I should have it back early next week.

Got the shoulder strap back today. it looks great! Couldn't tell any work was done. So it took about 12 days in total and a cost of $20. Thanks very much DiveRite!

I lost a tank strap once and called into DiveRite in person. They gave me a replacement - no charge. That's the sort of service that encourages repeat buys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom