Water Temps--Grand Cayman, Coz, Beliez, Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpdunc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We will be cruising and diving in the above locations during the week of March 15-22.

What should we expect in water temps?

Thanks.

Ranging from 80 degrees F to 84 degrees f

Hallmac

I was in Utila two weeks ago (alas). Water temp. was 78 degrees. Utila is beside Roatan.

as of today, 82 degrees on East End. I hung up my shorty until next winter.

jpdunc once bubbled...
--Grand Cayman, Coz, Beliez, Roatan
We will be cruising and diving in the above locations during the week of March 15-22.

What should we expect in water temps?

Thanks.

jpdunc. What cruise line and boat are you on that goes to these locations. very interested.

a 3 mil full suit. Shortie if you dont get cold easily. However the warm water in Grand Cayman would alow a shortie or t-shirt.

That sounds like the itinerary of Norwegian, I was just on that cruise in February. Water temps were in the low 80's, most of those sites. I wore my full Scubapro 3mm and was quite comfortable on my dives. We did some shore snorkel trips and I wore a 1.5mm Excel wetsuit and was comfortable then. I put it on after the first time in, it seemed cold until I moved around a bit. But I hate being cold. Have fun!

I highly recommend if you carry a medical release if you are taking any medications, or you have any changes in your health that you would be putting on your releases.

NCL requires a release for the ship, and then the individual dive ops will also require one. (If you use the ship dives that is).

But, I personally recommend being prepared no matter who you dive with when travelling.

Have fun, we did.

The itinerary is on the Norwegian Sun sailing from Miami on 3/15/03:

Saturday: Depart Miami
Sunday: At Sea
Monday: George Town, Grand Cayman
Tuesday: Roatan, Bay Island, Honduras
Wednesday: Belieze City, Belieze
Thursday: Cozumel, Mexico
Friday: At Sea
Saturday: Arrive Miami

Thanks for the water temp information.

Looking forward to a trip report after you get back. This looks like the best diving-oriented cruise itinerary around. Let everyone know if you went with the ship tour or your own and what you thought.

Thanks,

Rich

GC 82 plus/minus a degree (running a bit warmer than usual so far this year)

Coz 79 plus/minus a degree (about seasonal)

Belize 81 plus/minus a degree (about seasonal)

Roatan 79 plus/minus a degree (were running a bit cooler than usual but appear to be normalizing)

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom