About Poseidon BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flortat

New
Reaction score
Hi I am a newbie here and would like to purchase a poesidon BC.
Anyone using this brand BC could give me some advices? (e.g. good BC model no. , must buy accessories etc.)
I may purchase the BC in online diveshop. So I would like to know how I could get warranty or service from them?? Thank you.

I have a Poseidon Photic NHV. I should say that I'd bought it for a really good price. It served me well for nearly 100 dives and looks same as the first day. However, gaining experience and meanwhile trying other type of BCs made me critical about it. First of all it is built to be bulletproof, I guess out of 1000 denier cordura textile. For that reason it is really heavy and additionally because of the plastic tank adapter/holder at the back it cannot be packed well in an effective size. Other than that the side pockets are not so efficient to carry some stuff in them. But it was not a problem for me especially in my warm water recreatinal dives. The weight integration is what I like on it.

I also bought a Seaquest Diva for my wife when I bought it. I must say that now after almost two years of use, when compared in terms of weight, packability and effectivity a BCD light like Diva is much more suitable for recreational dives. I don't need the bulk it has built Poseidon. Now we consider switching to a BP/W setup for single tank setup but I don't think tossing it, as I would need it for training dives.

There is an extensive review of it here: Divernet | BC Poseidon Photic NHV

I wrote more the negatives about it since I think you should know them. However, I still like it as it makes me feel really secure because of its bulletproof characteristics. Besides it has an extra dump valve, which I also like. Just extra info: There is also an indication that it can be adapted to twin tank setup but I could not figure out how.

I hope this helps in your decision.

Cheers

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom