my fest Red Sea Liveaboard - several questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muha

Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning my fest Red Sea Liveaboard and have several questions:

1. What mandatory equipment should I have (SMB and etc)?
2. Is fishing allowed during relocation from one to another dive side?
3. Is the Northern Road is good concerning marine life divers ration?

Many thanks in advance!!!!

1. Assuming you're travelling from Egypt, it's not necessery to bring anything, good quality rental equipment is readily available in tourist locations - just make sure to go with a recommended operation. If you have you're own gear, first bring stuff that might have fitting issues like mask, fins, suit, boots, bcd... An SMB is always a good idea, don't leave the boat without one.

2. Once again assuming Egypt, fishing can be allowed depending on what area you are in. It's prohibited in and around the several marine parks withing Egyptian waters. Talk to the crew on the ship.

3. There can be many divers in popular locations at times, but the marine life is still very good and water is usually very clear.

good luck

I would recommend an SMB, a signalling device such as a mirror ( a CD will do) and you will generally need all your own dive gear. As you are likely to do a lot of fairly deep dives, and some strenuous ones too, I would really suggest you have your own computer.

Fishing is not generally allowed and the other divers on the boat may well take a dim view of somebody fishing.

By the north road I assume you mean north Red Sea. If you like wrecks then it is great with the Thistlegorm and the Rosalie Moller as well as the wrecks at Abu Nuhas. If you want to see sharks etc then the south is better with the Brothers and the marine parks south, Daedelus especially for Hammerheads. Marine life generally is pretty similar whether you go north or south. Visability should be 25/30 mts plus

Recommend you look at Emperor Divers and Tony Backhirst for liveaboards. Both have excellent reputation.

Good diving

Back
Top Bottom