Caribe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hetland

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was talking with some folks at a lds about diving the Perdido Pass area, when I was told that there have been some problems reported recently by several groups of trustworthy divers. Please keep in mind that this is third-hand information...

Apparently, there are security guards at the Caribe Condos that have been harassing divers in the area. One group reported that the guards were throwing rocks at divers, and another group claimed that the guards were trying to pull dive flags from the water while they are still attached to divers. The guards have claimed that they have instructions from the management of the condo to keep divers away from the docks that are adjacent to the property. Why that matters is beyond me, as I have never, not once, in 3-4 years, seen a boat docked at that place (methinks the current is too strong). Anyway, no matter what the "justification" may be, This type of activity (if true) is dangerous, and illegal.

Perhaps someone on the board knows someone from Caribe that can explain the situation?

Unfortunately the docks and the seafloor under the docks is off limits. The Caribe leased the seafloor under the docks from the state of AL. But if your dive flag is outside the docks and you are diving outside of the docks their is nothing that they can do. As for them throwing rocks at divers and pulling up the dive flag I think would be a matter of harrasment and a safety issue. If you are confronted by one of the guards and you feel you are in the right please call the local police I know that they will be glad to help in any way....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom