Doing my Enriched Air course next... any suggestions on a personal analyser?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iamasmith

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I'm going to do my EANx course soon and I wanted to have my own analyser to take on trips. Does anyone have any suggestions?

So far I'm thinking Oxycheq Expedition or maybe Suunto Oxyspy.

Can't seem to even find a manufacturer page covering the Oxyspy and I like to read up as much as I can before buying this kind of thing.

Regards,

-Andy

DOH, found it.

Manufactured by Dynatron and OEM'd by Suunto.

Anyone have any opinions on these or suggest another model to consider?

-Andy

My favourite for being super easy to use is the Analox O2 EII.

Amoxtec O2EII Oxygen Analyzer. I think Scubatoys carries them, and may carry the Oxycheq as well since they are a dealer.

Oxycheq is good also

I am also taking my EANx cousrse in a few weeks. Do the shops usually test the air when they fill your tanks? Should I be looking to buy my own sensor? Or are sensors more for use abroad?

I am also taking my EANx cousrse in a few weeks. Do the shops usually test the air when they fill your tanks? Should I be looking to buy my own sensor? Or are sensors more for use abroad?

The shop should have an analyzer onsite and further they must analyze...and you analyze as well. If you are not familiar with the gear they are using, you can request that they run an analysis in front of you and they should have no issues doing this while you watch. You will get all this in your basic nitrox training.

Before dropping the cash on it, I would suggest finish the course and then do an appraisal of how much you will diving with nitrox. It is a nice thing to have but honestly it was one of the last things I bought.

I have an Analox O2 EII. I bought it because when I travel I do not always analyze my tanks when they arrive at the boat. This way I double check and make any necessary adjustments in my dive plan that needs to be done. I have also borrowed tanks from a friend who did not know what was in them when I arrived in the US so i was able to quickly see if I had to have any adjustments made before I went to the boat. have not had to replace the sensor in it because I have it capped it off wen hot in use but I just throw the analyzer in my bag and take it with me when I travel for the benefit for having it. IT was not that expensive and i would rather have it and let it sit then not have it and need it.

I really like the Oxycheq analyzer, because you can buy it with a flow limiter that attaches to an inflator hose. The accuracy of O2 sensors is related to the flow rate over the sensor, so anything you hold in front of the tank is a little suspect.

If you're the DIY type, Oxycheq sells the Expedition as a kit.

Just use whatever analyzer the shop has. There are only a few different models and it's pretty obvious how they work.

If they're filling Nitrox, they have an analyzer. Save the money and just use theirs.

-Charles

Back
Top Bottom