Frustrated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bishop

Contributor
Reaction score
The current state of affairs really suck right now. Forecasters given any idea when the rain might let up?

I'm thankful for the rain. I hope it continues for a few weeks. Systems that I haven't been able to dive are going to be diveable again. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

This flooding used to happen (before the drought years) nearly every year... March has not historically been a good month for cave diving.

It's a natural cycle and like Jamie (DS) said it'll put some more water that's been desperately needed back in the Aquifer. It's still going to be below previous levels but hopefully it's on an upswing!

I was beginning to worry that I might have to start dry caving! :wacko:

The four years of draught just past have been severe; summer before last was a 50 year record. The water table across the Southeast is still below normal, and though it seems mighty wet right now, we still need more to get things back to where they ought ot be.
Best news lately is that the flow is back in Jackson Blue.
For now I'm enjoying "Walkin' in the Alabama Rain."
Rick

Rick Murchison once bubbled...
The four years of draught just past have been severe; summer before last was a 50 year record. The water table across the Southeast is still below normal, and though it seems mighty wet right now, we still need more to get things back to where they ought ot be.
Best news lately is that the flow is back in Jackson Blue.
For now I'm enjoying "Walkin' in the Alabama Rain."
Rick

Hey Rick,

Yep, flow is back at JB bigtime! Last time I was there (about a month ago) it was screamin like a beeotch! You know when you're on a Gavin and you're hadly moving there's some flow there! Makes it real fun dropping stages too! :wink:

I just have this brand new drysuit sitting at home that is screaming at me to be used. I guess there are uses for pools in Florida in the winter time. *grin*

Ginnie's still fairly clear.

I'm outta here til the 17th. I love warm Caribbean salt water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom