1st BC Seaquest PRO QD vs Lattitude XLT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zman96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to buy my 1st BC this weekend, and I have it down to Aqua Lung's Seaquest PRO QD and the Lattitude XLT. Both seem to be pretty similar with the PRO being more expensive and having a few more options. Can people offer me some insight or questions I need to ask before purchasing one of these? Background on what I plan for my diving, 2 vacations a year tropics, and a few dives a year in the upper midwest in lakes and quarries.

Thanks in advance
Brian

I am the owner of a Seaquest PRO QD i3. I will not push you to have the i3 (although I think it is a great system after you get accustomed to it), so I will just tell you about the BC itself.

I think it fits great - at least to my body. You will feel almost no squeeze, even when full inflated (it inflates outwards and on the back mostly). It is very confortable to wear it on the shore with the tank attached. The weight pockets are easy to install and remove. Pockets are large, and can be operated even with the BC inflated. The only drawback is that the tank strap is a little on the short side (it overlaps only ~5 centimeters with the velcro on a 15L tank, but it is enough to keep it in place). It's easy to replace it if it would bother me enough.

Overall, I would say PRO QD is a very nice BC to have. I would buy it again if I would ever need to have a new one.

I also have the Pro QD not I3 and love it. It fits better and is more comfortable than any other BC I have ever used.
Very durable and lots of attachment points.
If you need lots of weight you could have a problem. I don't think it is designed for a ton of weight in the pockets. I dive steel tanks and use about 12 lbs. If I dive alum. 80's I add a couple pounds to the non-ditchable pockets in the back.

Thanks for the responses. I do use 16 pounds to keep my down, if that makes any difference.

Brian

i have both, the latitude because i trained in a bcd like it.
and i got the i3 because (well because!!!)...
i like them both, i feel secure in either one, and they do what their built to do...

Last edited:
I need 8kg of lead (18 pounds). I wear then in the two weight pockets, and they fit wel.

This is with a steel 15 L tank, 7mm wetsuit.

My husband had a ProQD+ (no i3) for 3 years and really liked it. He especially loved the huge pockets that you could park a bus in! :wink: Very durable BC, looked brand new even after 100 dives on it.

Best advice I can give is to buy the one that fits YOU best. Fit is everything in a BC.

Thanks to everybody for your insight. I am leaning towards the pro, when I go in tomorrow I will try them both on and make my final decision.

Brian

I have had bad experience with Seaquest BCD's in the past as have many people here in the Philippines!
I, in my little dive shop have repaired over 50 Seaquest BCD's as the plastic threds that secure the inflator systems and dump valves just crumbled snd hsd to be replaced!
I contacted Seaquest and they said that they could not understand the problem even though I sent them Pictures of the problem! A diver had a similar problem with an IST BCD and the whole thing was replaced with no questions asked!
I hope that Seaquest have solved this problem by now but their product back up services could be improved!
Have Fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom