Komodo Dancer Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lurch

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone been on this boat? Thinking of going and would like some first hand reviews. Or links to reviews would be helpfull. Thanks

I went on the Komodo Dancer a couple of months ago on a 10 day cruise. Some quick comments regarding:

- the Diving:

. most sites around Komdo National Park are fantastic (very healthy corals, diversity of marine life, from pigmy sea horses all the way to 5m mantas); special mention to Cannibal Rock, Langkoi, GPS Point, Tatawa Kecil and Crystal Bommie.

. Diving from the Komodo Dancer is from 2 tenders; note that dives can sometimes be a little be crowded as they get everybody in the water on the same site at the same time

. They have NITROX 32 blending capability

- Boat & Service:

. Komodo Dancer is a traditional Indonesian Pelni, very nice with plenty of space. Note other guests who were Peter Hughes addicts said the boat was sub-standard compared toothers from the same company. But it is also cheaper, especially as they offer significant discounts these days (try booking directly with their Indonesian partner).

. Food is very good, although not the best I had on a live aboard

. Service is excellent with a very helpful crew who will even give you a back massage after every dive

Overall I can recommend the Komodo Dancer although I think that the best approach to Komodo National Park is to fly to Flores and catch a boat from there as the cruise from Bali is very long and dive sites on the way cannot compare to the Komodo ones.

Hope this helps.

Just out of curiosity, how did they blend the EAN32 Nitrox?

Was it in pre-blended storage cylinder banks or did they add oxygen to tanks then topping off with air?
This can be dangerous, so I doubt it. Perhaps they had a membrane system?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom