Oceanic veo 250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Callo21

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I currently own the veo 250, and I figured I would ask this question that has always had me wondering. Ever since I first got it, when your ascending, it says your going to fast. I even went up with my instructor and he said I am not going to fast. When I tried to go to it's speed, you have to stop every few feet or so. Thanks.

Do you have the computer's sampling rate set to 2 seconds? My PP2 does that. If I change it to a longer sampling rate, the error stops.

I have a Genesis React Pro which is essentially the same computer. It holds you to ~30ft/min but calculates that quickly for very small time increments (phil's suggestion would correct that).

I would not ignore that. Ascent rates aren’t complicated algorithms. They’re simple pressure decay rate functions. Meaning that your computer is likely very accurate, maybe over-accurate, giving you feedback too quickly. If you ascend 3-5 feet too quickly, then you're ascending too quickly. If you have short spikes in your ascent rate, I wouldn't be too worried. You should be able to maintain a slow, steady ascent of 30 ft/min or less with maybe an occasional spike and alarm.

I like the way it works. It shows me those short increments of going too fast which means, before I cover 10-15 feet, I have a chance to slow down.

I have an Oceanic VT3 on my wrist and if I am ascending slowly, just bringing the computer from my waist to my face can cause the ascent indicator to jump up to the max.

This is one thing that I don't mind being to sensitive, it makes me improve my ascent control and go up verrrryyyyy slooowwwlly which is a good thing :)

I too have the Veo 250

To me the ascent rate speedometer on the display is pretty much useless and I rarely pay any attention to it. As ascending I just pay attention to the depth gage and follow the old rule of thumb that you should not ascend faster than your bubbles. On the Veo, If you truely are ascending too fast the sound and light alarm will go off and display will flash "TOO FAST".

I just got this computer. Do you like it? Did you console mount it?

I've done about 30 dives with my VEO 250 so far and it has been a great computer. One thing that you should keep in mind is that the algorythm that Oceanic uses is the least conservative of all the computer manufacturers so make sure that if you come close to violating the no deco limits that you take extra precautions.

My VEO is wrist mounted. I'm not sure but dont think you can use the 250 in a console because of the button on the side. The VEO 200 is the same computer but has the button on the face and is designed to be console mounted.

I've done about 30 dives with my VEO 250 so far and it has been a great computer. One thing that you should keep in mind is that the algorithm that Oceanic uses is the least conservative of all the computer manufacturers so make sure that if you come close to violating the no deco limits that you take extra precautions.

My VEO is wrist mounted. I'm not sure but dont think you can use the 250 in a console because of the button on the side. The VEO 200 is the same computer but has the button on the face and is designed to be console mounted.

Some consoles have the side hole for button access. Or you can make your own. I did for the hose mount, and swap computers back and forth between the two when changing reg configurations.

I've done about 30 dives with my VEO 250 so far and it has been a great computer. One thing that you should keep in mind is that the algorythm that Oceanic uses is the least conservative of all the computer manufacturers so make sure that if you come close to violating the no deco limits that you take extra precautions.

mine is console mounted, that's the way I bought it.

I have an Oceanic VT3 on my wrist and if I am ascending slowly, just bringing the computer from my waist to my face can cause the ascent indicator to jump up to the max.

This is one thing that I don't mind being to sensitive, it makes me improve my ascent control and go up verrrryyyyy slooowwwlly which is a good thing :)

that might be it, when I pick it up look at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom