Realism or what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heads Up

Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished my Rescue Diver course and without going into too much detail, my final scenario included a missing diver, a 3 boat coastal search, the coastguard, a lifeboat launch and a search & rescue helicopter on standby - all ended happily but talk about a 'realistic' scenario!!

Reckon I earned my badge on this one!!

When I did mine in '87 in NZ we didn't have all those wonderful resources.We went to a bay and then slogged our guts out bringing a diver back....the full rescue....skin divers,spotters,scuba,surface tow and m to m and cpr on the shore and recorder on scene events as well as people to get help...(no cell phones those days).I was a scuba searcher and my buddy and I did the strip and tow and alternates with M2M for 250m.....I had never been so tired in my life when we got to shore.In those days you had to put the victim in a feet angled up position....I did it again last year...no where near as bad....I guess I have improved...
"Hello.....My name is Gasman...and I will be your rescue technician for today...You will notice my calm and serene demeanor....that is because I am the rescuer and YOU are the victim...I KNOW that I will be going home today..."
My next course will be the keeping the victim calm course...heheheheh. :jester:
Cheers don't worry I'll rescue your ears,
The one and only Gasrescuer at your service,

That was some kinda serious Rescue course! The recreational dive agencies offer a much more sedate rescue course that focuses on buddy rescue. Whose gave yours?

Is that for real? Don't we get more details? :eek:

All the whistle and bells were not meant to happen. We had a real missing diver!! I was the only diver with sufficient air and no-deco time so I had to stay kitted for an hour while we scoured the coastline, just incase.

Diver surfaced on his own and swam to a buoy until another RIB picked him up.

That must have been something. I take it you passed with flying colours?? :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom