Looking into quick release console computers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Jess

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
In your opinion, what's the best quick release console computer. I do want air intergration and I'd like for it to be small. I work at a LDS, so price isn't that big of a deal, but nothing crazy. (not over like $1200 retail) I'm just looking for an open opinion and I work with reps and buyers and other LDS workers all day that push certain products. So, if you could give me your opinion, I'd appriciate it.

* stirs the pot * :1poke:

In your opinion, what's the best quick release console computer. I do want air integration and I'd like for it to be small. I work at a LDS, so price isn't that big of a deal, but nothing crazy. (not over like $1200 retail) I'm just looking for an open opinion and I work with reps and buyers and other LDS workers all day that push certain products. So, if you could give me your opinion, I'd appreciate it.

* stirs the pot * :1poke:

Small is a relative term. I also interpret console computer to mean a landscape layout (Aeris ATMOS AI) as opposed to a portrait layout (Oceanic Pro Plus).

Based on those assumptions I would vote for the Aeris ATMOS AI. The unit is well made and reasonably compact for a console air-integrated computer. My family owns three of them with the oldest being 4 years old and newest being 1 year old.

They are easy to read and operate and I have never has any problems with the three units my family owns.

I have no association with the dive industry whatsoever other than being a certified diver.

FYI any computer can have a quick release added to it. I have used Suunto Cobra and found it to be a nice little unit.

ok, Im confused (not new but maybe its because I don't use consoles..." if you don't want air integrated, why do you need a quick release? How about a wrist mount, thats pretty quick release?

ok, Im confused (not new but maybe its because I don't use consoles..." if you don't want air integrated, why do you need a quick release? How about a wrist mount, thats pretty quick release?

The quick release is a disconnect between the console and the air hose. It allows the console to be removed from the regulator set so that it can be stored separately.

Another advantage is that, when downloading downloadable consoles, you just have the dive computer with yoiu at the desk top computer rather than the whole set up.

Thanks for the info. I actually went into work (I work at the LDS) and looked at the AI again. I had ordered one for the store with the intention of buying it, but I wanted to get some other opinions. I have time to think about it. But, we don't carry suunto... so I'd have to try to find one here. I prefer consoles because I already have to dive with my contacts in to see that... if I had a wrist watch style, I think I may have trouble with seeing it.

Ok so a computer in a console that is not AI, which means you have an SPG, so you want an SPG with a QD? Why not just pop the puck computer out of the console? Seems like the QD is more money and a nice failure point...

I prefer consoles because I already have to dive with my contacts in to see that... if I had a wrist watch style, I think I may have trouble with seeing it.

??? Huh??! I don't see the difference, you grab your cobnsole, bring it to your face, read it, put it back in a pocket or clip it off (I know you don't let it drag) VS bring your wrist to your face, read. Chances are the LCD digits are the same size.

I don't care if people use consoles, one less piece of gear to forget (only did that once) but from what I hear you want, wrist mount sounds more in line than a console.

Back
Top Bottom