Mares HUB Avantgarde BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi. new to the site, I used to dive with a sherwood avid BC, and last week I purshased a Mares HUB Avantgarde BC do any of you have experience with it, is it worth to buy it, I`ll really appreciate some feedback about it

Hope you all have a great week

Happy Diving

I used one of the original models, the first year they came out, my dive store had a demo unit. If you like the Jacket-Style BC it will work great. Personally I dive a back-pack, so I found it to be extremely bulky, and an odd setup, if you have a problem with either you BC, or a piece of your regulator setup, you will need to call off the dive or have a complete back-up set, because nothing is easily changed.

There is a lot of feedback on the boards about the Mares HUB system - most of which is not good. As most people say... it was a marketing solution for a problem that did not exist.

I dove with a Mares Morphos pro which shared the Air Trim system, and I did enjoy that but have to say I like my BP/W a whole lot more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom