Sharm day diving depart/return times?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adriaan557

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys,

We're going to Sharm in July for the first time, and there is a non-diver going with. Can you give me a quick indication of the approximate departure times of the boats from Sharm to local dives/Ras Mohammed/Tiram and the return times in the afternoon.

We are still deciding which dive operator to use - currently considdering Ocean College, Emperor, TGI Divers and Dive Africa.

This will give us some indication of how to plan our week with the non diver, and he can decide if he wants to go with on the boats or stay on the beach (alone).

Appreciate the help!

For local sites depature time from Naama jetty is normally about 09.30 returning about 16.00. For Tiran and Ras Mo boats normally leave jetty about 08.30 returning about 16.30. Most dive centres will have a shuttle bus which takes you to and from the jetty from your hotel.

You will also have the chance to dive Dunraven, an old wreck and Thistlegorm, a WWII wreck - probably the most famous in the Red Sea. These are usually an early morning start - about 05.00 for Thistlegorm.

Also consider going to Dahab one day, a great day out, even for the non diver and two fantastic dives. Your dive centre will be able to give you costs and details.

I would personally recommend Camel Dive Club, ( I work there off and on so I'm biased), Red Sea College and Emperor Divers.

Enjoy!

I just spent a week with Dive Africa. A fine dive op, not huge and commercial like Emperor.

Dahab is indeed a wonderful laid back town with some great dive sites. We were the first at the Blue hole this morning and had the site to ourselves. A lovely coral garden where you enter from the sea. Damselfish are breeding now. Freedivers training inside the hole.

Then on to the Canyon, where we spotted some unusual sea life as well.

The road back to Sharm goes as high as 666 meters (according to my GPS) so after these relatively deep dives you should take a few hours for lunch and relaxation in Dahab town to prevent the bends.

normal_P6070349.JPG

normal_P6070351.JPG

normal_P6070361.JPG

normal_P6070294.JPG

normal_IMG_2165.jpg

normal_IMG_2211.jpg

normal_IMG_2232.jpg

normal_IMG_2336.jpg

normal_IMG_2353.jpg

normal_IMG_2376.jpg

normal_IMG_2379.jpg

normal_IMG_2414.jpg

normal_IMG_2421.jpg

normal_IMG_2427.jpg

Thanks Scubadad and Arthur! Love the photos you've added Arthur!

ScubaDad1,

Are there any dives in Sharm that are just the morning? Or is this not possible? I remember from my last diving in Egypt that diving was an all day event where we got back very late and that by 6 pm, I was worn out and ready to crash - didn't make me very popular with my buddies....

Thanks,
Trish

Trish, If your within a group that agrees to do only one morning dive and return back to the jetty, then dive operators will satisfy your demands. Else it'll be very difficult, especially when boat diving is involved. You can always do one morning shore dive then stop diving for the rest of the day, but as far as I see from another thread that you don't like shore diving that much :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom