Five missing European divers found in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlanWald

Contributor
Reaction score
Five missing European divers found in Indonesia: police

1 hour ago

KUPANG, Indonesia (AFP) — Five European divers who had been missing for two days in treacherous waters east of Bali were found drifting but alive by fishermen on Saturday, Indonesian police said.

Police in the Nusa Tenggara island chain where the divers went missing late Thursday said fishermen sent on a search mission by authorities had located them south of the tiny island of Rinca.

"Fishermen found them floating in the water. They are all safe," Manggarai Barat district police chief Butje Hello told AFP.

AFP: Five missing European divers found in Indonesia: police

What a relief for the divers and their friends and family! They were in my mind and prayers the whole weekend.Whew.......!!!

Thanks for the good news , it was in my small town paper and i was on here to ask what the latest was,,

I'm inclined to believe the account of the rescue as told by the local police chief. By the time the resuce hit our newspaper, they had been floating in "shark-infested waters" and when they hit land (did they hit land?) they had to use sticks and rocks to fend off the attack of a Komodo dragon. :11:

Watch for the movie next year. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom