Threading (setup) a Diverite Transplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

runway1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody have pic or a link that shows how to do the initial harness threading of a Diverite Transplate? I've done some searching and found the Hog, 1-piece setup, but I wanted to see the Transplate. It's a 2-piece because of the quick release buckles.

Instructions suck. Anyhow, the last step of the long portion of the harness says "Weave the loose end through the rigid d-ring and back through the epaulet (velcro thingy for hoses) and then through the steel weight stop". Well, if you do that.....aaarrrgh, nothing fits!

A link with pics that look better than a Charlie Chan movie would be very nice:). Thanks BIG TIME to the diver that can fix my wagon.

Try this site, then if you still need a lil more guidance check out DiveSports website or any of the dive rite pages. Most have some pretty decent pictures which you may can zoom in for a close up. I think Dive Sports website has that feature.

Safe diving,

Kenny

Which portion of the harness are you referring to? The shoulder straps or the waist straps?

Shoulder. Actually, I think I've figured it out. Instructions don't tell you to string on the d-rings BACKWARDS. Because, when you flip the strap through per this statement:

9. Weave the rigid bent D-ring onto the loose end of the shoulder strap, back
through the epaulet, and then through the stainless steel weight stop.

....everything goes backwards. So, After I flipped those portions around, it seems to make sense.

Bigken462, the online pics helped. They were much better than the grainy version in the instructions. Heck, they looked like a 10th generation b/w copy.

The waist strap is pretty easy. I think I'm good now. I'll see soon.

Mated with a Hammerhead BP and STA along with a Mach V wing. Can't wait to trim it out!

I feel your pain buddy. I bought a transpack for my lil sis to dive with me on a Belize trip last year. Well now that her new hubby is taking some dive classes I thought I would let him use the same one to cut back on some dive cost.

Rather than doing one shoulder at a time, dummy me when crazy and unlaced the whole setup. Suddenly it didn't seem like a good idea anymore. Thankfully I had another transpack to fall back on, but for a while I had a mess on my hands.

Glad it worked out for ya.

Safe diving,

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom