Lake Keowee Pump House Dive Report 6-8-2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upstate Scuba OWI

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
The trip we took to the Pump House was a good dive. The visibility was the normal 10 feet for that area, with some fish life. water on the surface was 78 degrees, however their is a thermocline at 22 feet that dropped the water temp to 69 degrees for the rest of the dive down to 74 feet. The lake is still about 9 feet below full pool. All the lines leading you to the different building structures are still intact. :D

Can you help as to where the Pump House is located on Lake Keowee?

I would love to dive the Hot Hole one of these weekends coming up. Haven't done it yet, but I hear it's really nice when the surrounding water is still a bit brisk. I want to do the pump house when it gets a little warmer!

Where is the pump house located? What part of the lake? Thanks!
The pump house is located directly across the lake from Lake keowee Marina in seneca SC. Its the old town of seneca water treatment plant before they flooded the river to make the lake. The dive shop Upstate Scuba will resume summer time charters there starting in may. You can reach them at www.upstatescuba.com or 864-653-3483 for more information or send me a message to upstatescuba@gmail.com

Does Any one have any details on this lake? been wanting to dive their I'm new to diving got certified july last year and only dived jocassee I will be their This weekend.
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom