Uwatec Digital 330M

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chewslife2

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
:mooner:Looking at bottom timers, primarily the uwatec Digital 330m.Anyone have any experience with these, good or bad, or perhaps suggestions, I currently dive a suunto cobra ll and spg, looking to streamline my rig a bit.:D

I have one and I love it. Very basic functionality; time, depth, temp, avg. depth, and an ascent meter (in %). I use this as my "primary" instrument for technical dives since the runtime is always front and center (my Duo moves the RT to the alternate screen when you hit deco in favor or total deco, which is annoying, and it is just another BT for mixed gas dives). The only thing that I don't like about it is the lack of a backlight. Overall it is a very solid unit, no moving parts, no buttons, no alternate displays, just the basics.

Yes, I have the imperial version. The dispay is very easy to read underwater as long as long as you have ambient light. In a cave/overhead/night dive, You have to get some light on it in order to see the display

I have one, imperial version, and like it as well. Depth averaging is very nice. Use it alongside my Cressi Archimedes II (Duo clone). As battles2a5 noted, no backlight, but not a major issue. The numbers are easy to read, although the time shows in hours & minutes and the "0h" number looks like an upside down "40", so you want to may attention when you strap it on so you don't put in on upside down like I did this weekend! It was much easier for my dive buddy to read :)

The only real negative about it is the price, I paid $230 for mine from the LDS, where my Cressi was $275 from Leisure Pro. But once you buy it, you won't regret it and the cost is just a distant memory.

John

I gotta agree with the above. I have the same BT and it's great. My only complaint is that it starts a new dive if you surface for more than 4mins. Sometimes that's not enough time to ascend, rest a bit, get a heading, and go back down. I wish it was set somewhere between 5-10 mins instead. But that's just a nit.

Back
Top Bottom