IS BP-134 Comfort Harness System II™

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kubotek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good Afternoon,

I am looking to buy my first BC, I hate buying things 2 or 3 times. I know one day i will want to run double. So i was thinking that this would be a perfect fit. My local dive shop pushed me in this directions because of its flexibility and cost. I was thinking of the 60 lb bladder.
Any help would be greatly appricated.
thanks

Kyle

I'd start with a smaller bladder.

60 Lbs for a single tank is a bit too much...

People have the MIS-conception that when they buy a BP/W they are done, and it will work with all combinations of tanks...etc.... Nothing could be the farther from the truth.

If you want to dive Steel doubles, you want an AL BP. If you dive Alum doubles, one BP may work (steel) for both singles and doubles.

The reality is that most folks I know diving doubles have more diving equipment by about 3X vs. most.

Purchase a BP/W if you like, but do so for a specific singles setup. Diving doubles is a pointless exercise unless you have a specific reason to do so, and it's an expensive leap. You need a larger doubles Wing, and likely an entire setup just for the doubles unless you enjoy taking apart gear all the time. You also need DIN regulators, two of them, and a lot of folks have redundant Octo's even if many do not.

IOW's don't define your single tank BP/W setup based on something you MIGHT do in some distant or even near future. If you want to dive singles, buy a setup based on that.

You will likely want a 30lbs wing, and a steel BP/STA depending on your weight requirements. BP/W also have a much less attractive weight setup IMO. I really don't like wearing a weight belt! There are some other options, but I have not purchased that harness yet!

I am a pretty light guy i weigh a total of 150 lbs, im 24 y/o

I have 6 buddy that dive, They all wear oms Bc's and they all run doubles so that is part of
the reason that i want to go that way. I was planing on getting din right from the start to.

I should have stated that my GF is buying the same set up with the 30LB wing.
Well we think we are. The LDS has them both ordered for us to give a try in the pool on friday.

Thanks for the help Ron
Must appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom