Weight pockets for BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidHickey

Contributor
Reaction score
Kingsman, Ohio. Near Wilmington and Waynesville
# of dives
50 - 99
Just curious I bit the bullet and bought the BP/W I wanted, I really don't like wearing a weight belt and really don't need a whole lot of extra weight. Does anyone make any decent weight pockets that attach to the 2" harness? Halcyon wants about 130.00 for 2. Seems a little high, but then again everything they sell is pretty pricey!
Thanks
David

XS-Scuba has some nicely made pockets that can hold up to 5LBS each. If I recall, they can be had for around $10 each. I think I got mine from Scubatoys? Maybe Leisurepro? Maybe my local LDS?

They have thus far worked out very well for me.
AL

DiveRite makes various pockets, including weight pockets, that will fit on 2" webbing. They are designed to be used with either their Transpac or their version of the BP/W.

I have used the XS pockets and they worked fine. Reality is they liked a four pound weight, five was pretty tight. I just went with the Oxycheq pockets, I believe the Medium deluxe. The velcro on the XS pockets was making me nervous with time. Hadn't failed, just didn't want to be there when they did.

don O

I've got the XS Scuba pockets on both the belt and the upper cam band. They seem to work nicely. I put a weight keeper on the right hip belt pocket to keep it from sliding forward. The left is kept in place by the D-ring. When not needed you can fold them up nicely by velcroing the flap down and around on the back of the pocket. I will say the one on the cam band does interfere with the cam band velcro but by rotating the buckle a little off center it does fine. Haven't used anything bigger than a three pound weight in them, though.

Cheers,
Lilla

Last edited:
FYI
I had the same thoughts about weightbelts, i.e. i hate them.
But i found when i rigged up my backplate to the right height and tightness, if i used my "intergrated pockets" on my BP/W my trim was super heads down. FYI i was using the zeagle pockets, which are great if you trim out.
Basically i have to use a weightbelt to trim out properly.
Just be aware of that before you drop a load of cash on H products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom